Joke Thread III

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Person who 'bartardised' our language by calling homosexuals "gays", should be hung,drawn,& quartered! I'm of the 'old school' where 'gay' means; happy & frivolous.:mad:
It's true. There's even an old film called The Gay Dog about a greyhound, and he shows no homosexual tendencies whatsoever.

IMG-20230214-WA0004.jpg

The Person who 'bartardised' our language by calling homosexuals "gays", should be hung,drawn,& quartered! I'm of the 'old school' where 'gay' means; happy & frivolous.:mad:
Down here in New Zealand we have a long established ice cream maker branded "Tip Top". In the 60s they released a sub-brand called "Gaytime Ice Cream" and the jingle went "we're all having a gay time".

That brand was suddenly dropped in the early 70s. I wonder why?

Queers.. I mean: Cheers, Vann.

Yes but my first phone number had only three digits. Passwords now need at least eight characters, contain upper and lower case as well as a number and special character. A slightly different order of problem I would suggest.
Yes...but... A way of saying no with an affirmative. :)

Three digits in all, or just the 3 being repeated once or twice?
I do see your point, though. My childhood phone number was 64729.
I guess it was easier to remember a number on a rotary phone. It wasn't just a number, but
rather a combination of visual, motoric, audio, tactile... things that helped you to remember.
Nowadays, it is a bit sanitized, with no such "crutches" to help you.
Age-related memory loss doesn't help either. :)

Yes but my first phone number had only three digits. Passwords now need at least eight characters, contain upper and lower case as well as a number and special character. A slightly different order of problem I would suggest.
Eight characters, only if you want to access the FBI latest files on Chinese spying and technology or erase points on your driving licence.
To access your 10.5 million quid four will do. 1234 and 0000 being the most common, and a piece of plastic.

The first house I owned had the number Overbury 426. The phone was in the kitchen and 426 was nearly the first words our daughter said!!

Phil
We used the phone box outside in the road. It serviced the whole street. Anyone passing while it was ringing took the call and legged it to the house the caller wanted to speak to and told them they had a call on hold at the box.
I always waited for Sharon at number six to go in, peeping through the curtains. A big busted blond with red lipstick and horn rimmed glasses.
When she finished Id run out and just stand in the box taking in the wonderful aroma of her perfume.
Ahh good old Sharon.
My psychologist said that was probably the reason I started pinching nickers off washing lines.

Our first phone number was 7 characters long, letters and numbers,
MIT 3861 and I was the special character, I like to think.:)

taking in the wonderful aroma of her perfume.
Ahh good old Sharon.
My psychologist said that was probably the reason I started pinching nickers off washing lines.
And my Doctor said that was probably the reason that the rash that broke out on my face.

I walked up to a woman at a nude beach and said "Hi, I'm Ed".
"What's that short for?", she replied.
I looked down and said "I dunno. It's always like that"

---

What's the point of being an alcohol hotline if you don’t do deliveries?

---

What’s the difference between a genealogist and a gynecologist?
A genealogist looks up the family tree, a gynecologist looks up the family bush.

---------
fart.jpeg

Last edited:
So are we going to spin off a password and phone number thread next?

BTW ours was 671, which later became 40671 and then 29540671

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back