Joke Thread II

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't worry too much about humour disappearing, I grew up with the likes of Ben Elton and Hale and Pace (anyone remember them now?) on TV. Enjoyed Terry Wogan on the radio, found Monty Python, Tony Hancock, Round the Horn etc. from there. My 11 year old daughter finds some of it very funny already and since there is so much on YouTube I think good comedy will be around for a long time to come

1648930473430.png

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. A bit "mixed" for my taste. But that's just me.

I CAN see A funny side there, but also a lot of other sides to it that I find anything but "funny". Am I taking this - and it's intention - too seriously perhaps? Dunno. I'm sure you'll all put me straight
Taking irony way too seriously me thinks.
But you have that right and I wouldn't decry it, like beauty, comedy is in the ear of the listener,
It really is funny, to me, but also a serious reflection on society today, I.e. fear of being misunderstood!!!!!!

Reactions: AES
Don't worry too much about humour disappearing, I grew up with the likes of Ben Elton and Hale and Pace (anyone remember them now?) on TV. Enjoyed Terry Wogan on the radio, found Monty Python, Tony Hancock, Round the Horn etc. from there. My 11 year old daughter finds some of it very funny already and since there is so much on YouTube I think good comedy will be around for a long time to come
My dad used to think Monty Python was the worst thing on tv "it makes no sense " he would say didnt like the goons either I loved em both , Nowadays I think Mock the Week and Have i got news for you are great shows . And dont forget Joke Thread 11 on UK Workshop lol

But you have that right and I wouldn't decry it, like beauty, comedy is in the ear of the listener,
It really is funny, to me, but also a serious reflection on society today, I.e. fear of being misunderstood!!!!!!
" Lest We Forget " most young ones today will not get the joke

" Lest We Forget " most young ones today will not get the joke
That's not a bad joke, but a reflection on the lack of education in modern history and the drive to not offend someone somewhere somehow.
What's wrong with truth, we might not like it, not agree with it, it will upset some and confuse others but it's reality.

Sorry for rant in joke thread.

In a pub one day, in walked an Scotsman, Irishman, Welshman, German, Frenchman, Belgian, Dutchman, Spaniard, Italian, Pole, Romanian.

Englishman behind the bar asked, "Where euro all going"

Get me coat, and goodnight 🤐

An English, Scotsman, Irishman, Welshman, German, Frenchman, Belgian, Dutchman, Spaniard, Italian, Pole, Romanian tried to get into a pub

.....no your not coming in.....

why not it's empty,

no sorry your just not,

were all over 18,

sorry nope your not coming in.

for once and for all tell why we cannot come in....

because you haven't got a Thai.......

Last edited:
For the sake of brevity, and continuity of this thread, is it not possible to just comment by using the like/dislike button below each joke if necessary. Ongoing analysis just bogs down the thread and destroys it's original intent.

Yup, fair comment Linus. I apologise.

OK, fair point. It could well be I've been feeling a bit too "serious" tonight. I don't think it's something I'm usually guilty of. Sorry all.

I CAN see A funny side there, but also a lot of other sides to it that I find anything but "funny". Am I taking this - and it's intention - too seriously perhaps? Dunno. I'm sure you'll all put me straight
When I was 60 I retired with the intention of settling contentedly into a home workshop routine.
My wife told me I was bored and needed to find something meaningful to do - I was obviously suffering under the delusion that I was perfectly happy so I am very happy with her pointing out my deficiency..... ;) So i joined St.John as an ambulance driver and one thing led to another and after 3 years of study qualified in the emergency medicine field.
In the beginning I was pretty shocked at the level of 'black' humour that was regularly bandied about in the ambulance station but after seeing the awful things that sometimes happened to people and even worse, the things that unhappy people sometimes did to themselves I realised that laughter was a necessary safety valve. Either laugh or go under. Thankfully though, it always stayed within the walls of the station.
So whereas I don't agree with censorship over humour I think a degree of circumspection before posting is required over more sensitive topics.

Last edited:
My dad used to think Monty Python was the worst thing on tv "it makes no sense " he would say didnt like the goons either I loved em both , Nowadays I think Mock the Week and Have i got news for you are great shows . And dont forget Joke Thread 11 on UK Workshop lol
No accounting for taste. The best of M.P. was the greatest ever, most of the rest rubbish. I never found the Goons remotely funny and HIGNFY ceased being funny years ago.

For the sake of brevity, and continuity of this thread, is it not possible to just comment by using the like/dislike button below each joke if necessary. Ongoing analysis just bogs down the thread and destroys it's original intent.

^^^ This.
The moment a "joke" is scrutinised or analysed it ceases
to be funny. (If indeed it was, in the first place).
Just simply register your appreciation, or otherwise, using
the emojis. Maybe that way the joke thread can retain it's
focus. :)

The old "dissecting a frog" point. Attributed to many.
There can be humour in clinical analysis of jokes IMO; many years ago the sometimes excellent National Lampoon magazine had a series of articles by a made-up academic, called "why jokes aren't funny", or something very similar. The same idea was used by Harry and Paul, with their foreign couple watching comedy on TV and giving a running commentary.
But now I'm breaking the rules re. discussion in this thread.

^^^ This.
The moment a "joke" is scrutinised or analysed it ceases
to be funny. (If indeed it was, in the first place).
Just simply register your appreciation, or otherwise, using
the emojis. Maybe that way the joke thread can retain it's
focus. :)
👍🐜

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back