Forum Users Bandsaws

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
EB 317 their new model.

Paid around £320

Very pleased with it apart from a couple of things, the fence won't set up at parallel to the blade unless I take the (untechnical term) thing that fastens it to the table at the front off. If I take that off and just use clamps it is fine.

Nice guide and good and steady machine. Would recommend.

Startrite 352.
Green Paint from early 90's
Uses Kreg replacement fence and orginal mitre fence.

Absolutely superb, cuts 113/4 inches thick, no blade drift, guides are metal triangles which work very well. Better I think than many "modern" bandsaws.

£422 off ebay

EB316G, second hand bargain at £125. Need to get the blade replaced before i can make any comments but look well built

Andy

Record BS300
£330

Very Good so Far. Had problems with it as supplied, but was soon rectified by the dealer.Took a lot a time to setup, but now works very well. Plenty of Power for Cutting out Guitar body blanks from 2" Thick mahog.
:D

Record BS300, got the deal with wheel kit incl, last year from D & M...
not really tried anything major through it as yet, (a bad year `05) but heres hoping `06 gets me using it to its full capacity :)

Sip 14" care of Yandles show promotion price.

Spent the day making it mobile and tuning it up, nothing much just the usual alignment checks and clearances, so far impressed with build quality at the price. 2years guarantee, (as everything should be, sold in the EU.)

Draper with the 6" throat. Needs a new blade but jsince Dure Edge have stopped selling I am at a loss where to get my blades from??? I am impressed with the saw though and since setting it up it has tracked perfectly.

Startrite 352 (14in), which despite it's venerable age is not dissimilar in appearance to the Laguna 14in saw shown earlier - and for the bigger stuff an Agazanni Cosma 700 28in saw with a power feeder and TCT blades for resawing work.

Scrit

perform ccbb

threw blade away, replaced all plastic ''bristol's'' , (well, they had all
broken :x ) with wing nuts, extensive set up but, cut like a dream
ever since

Yandles had a batch of the above on offer just under two years ago - so I bought one on impulse. Its replacement, the Record Power BS250 was on display - almost identical but considerably more expensive. I've mounted it on a home-built base cabinet, and I've spent a lot of time fiddling with it and changing the blades. I fitted a Dura-edge 1/2 inch blade and the improvement in performance was dramatic!

I'm amazed just how versatile this bandsaw is. I wish I'd bought one years ago. It works really well within its capacities. On the whole I'm delighted with it.

I sometimes wished that I'd saved my pennies and bought a bigger bandsaw, but that particular upgrade will have to wait a while!

Les

I have an Agazanni, 20inch. Bought it just in case I needed cut something big one day.

jy_Agazanni_12312004.jpg

It's the only BS I've owned so my critique may not be very accurate. I really like the foot pedal brake. The only negative is that the beast weighs so much, it was quite a job getting it into the basement.

That's the little brother of mine (the one in the foreground). Cute!

MVC00050.jpg

Scrit

Recently received the Axminster SBW4300. After the initial struggle of getting it through the garage door it was clear I had made the right choice - awesome bandsaw for an awesome price.

Hammer N4400.

Purchase choice based mainly on favourable F&C reviews this year.

Appraisal (competence!) limited because it is the first bandsaw I have owned.

Very pleased overall - Quiet, seems to have plenty of power and resaws 2mm veneer slices easily at 220mm deep (as a test) with 19mm blade.

Delivery was on a pallet (very quick service).

Good telephone support from Hammer technical guy (my questions over unexplained extra parts and some poor quality printing in user guide)

At 170kg for the whole machine, the wheel kit (extra) was essential for me - because I need to move machines occasionally.

Decided to tweak the rise and fall alignment setup very slightly to avoid need to reset guides at different heights. (Not shown in manual, but relatively easy adjustment).

The lower guides' thrust bearing (behind the blade) access to the adjuster 6mm locking bolt could be improved slightly (= a tiny bit fiddly). I think that it would be better with a hex screw and a hole in front of machine (which might just appear there quite soon!)

Simon

Record BS 350 It was delivered with two fences, the older ally fence has a built in measure and I prefer it over the newer heavier made design fence. I don't care for the blade guides I think they let the machine down on what could be an excellent built machine. It came with a wheel kit but the base plate had no holes for the axle at the rear. I use dragon blades far superior to the record supplied ones.

Latest posts

Back