Forum Users Bandsaws

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have SIP 10". Once i changed to a better blade to works great. The only thing i have to crittasise about it is the guide, it does not seem to keep wood cut in straight line. Also this is not the machine but me i can not stop blade from bending. This can cause wood to get jammed against guide?. :oops:

shedhead":3n3784rs said:
The only thing i have to crittasise about it is the guide, it does not seem to keep wood cut in straight line. Also this is not the machine but me i can not stop blade from bending. This can cause wood to get jammed against guide?. :oops:
Have a search on the forum, you will find lots about setting up bandsaws.:D
You may need more tension on the blade or the fence resetting to allow for the blade drift. :-s

Good evening chaps, I have a Record BS300, nice machine and easy to use, DM tools stated that it was ready to use but on checking it with my engineers square that was not the case, however I have found this to be so with any tool or machine I buy, I have purchsed from Aldi, B&Q, Toolstation, Axminster etc and have come to the conclusion that regardless of the price or quality of the tool it,s how you set it up that matters. BTW I will get myself an Axminster table saw one of these days when I can catch SWMBO in a good mood.

Sorry for showing my newness, but can someone tell me what SWMBO means. I have worked out that it refers to her in doors, but i have tried to work out the exact meaning and i just cant get there.
Please someone put me out of my misery.

Kity 613 bought used for £150 with about 10 mixed good quality baldes. It's good but not great. Good enough to be on the bottom of my 'to upgrade' list!

I've just upgraded my bandsaw from EB316 to Record BS350S - posted a thread on this with some pics. First impression is very good buy (£400)

I've just noticed thread so here goes.

Mine is an Eclipse (yes I didn't know they made bandsaws either).

It's all cast iron; frame, table, wheels and it weighs a ton. It has 24" wheels, takes a 181" blade up to 1 1/4 wide. 3hp motor.

I find it will do pretty much anything I want. with a fine blade it will cut smooth curves and its sheer weight makes it a very stable and vibration free machine. It doesn't have quite the cutting depth of some machines but it is about 11" under the guides and although I've never cut anything that thick, I'm sure it would manage.

DSCF0042.jpg

The best things of all - I had it given!

It needs some work doing on it because the guide bearings are about shot. They work fine but are noisy. Apart from that everything else works fine.

Cheers
Mike

Hi Mike,

Useful looking saw. :D

I think I would knock a cover for the drive belt up from some ply/mdf offcuts. (hammer)

Just catching up with this forum (he's getting a bit slow, you know :( ) Current bandsaw is a Startrite 352, bought secondhand to replace a Kity 613 which replaced a deWalt 8inch m/c.
The 352 is just a superb machine - will certainly outlast me, and possibly the son-in-law who's waiting to inherit it.

Hello all,
I have a Scheppach besato 3, have used it quite a lot and have not been impressed with it. If I ever win the lottery I would like to update to a larger heavier more reliable machine........ah you can always dream.
GT

Hey no need to whisper Aiden, I too have the Draper bandsaw and can't fault it. Well could sometimes do with a bit more power. But it has been great. Tracks good, solid fence very heavy table and plenty of depth. I paid around £150 for mine second hand and it has worked hard. :wink:

Basato 5-2. Very heavy, well built and capable. Smooth, quiet & powerful motor and can resaw a full 12" - well pleased with that. Huge cast iron table too. Not entirely convinced by the guide bearings, though. Mike

Startrite 14-S-5

I bought it off ebay for £335 collected it in my car ( merc estate) It was heavy
Stripped it down to component pieces and installed in my basement then reassembled with new bearings as a matter of course then fitted a inverter so I now have a variable speed machine with 5 mechanical speed ranges .
The motor had been replaced quite recently with a braked motor 1.5 hp 3 phase ( its last owner was a school)
There was no facility for releasing the brake without the motor running so goodness knows how they fitted new blades.
Overall i'm very pleased with it it cuts a shade under 12 inches and 13.5 inch throat
I fitted a axminster deluxe fence which seems sturdy and good value

Total cost all in was about £645
335 saw
175 inverter
50 bearings
50 fence
30 various switchgear
5 drive belt

Ian

Latest posts

Back