Bobby's new build thread

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_1516_zpsmy7nwnrt.jpg

IMG_1539_zpsqe6fegzi.jpg

IMG_1536_zpsig6v0jea.jpg

IMG_1534_zpso7c0vz3r.jpg

IMG_1541_zpshgnv1d4o.jpg

A series of mistakes ......... however we seem to be back on track.

More images tomorrow, cart shed base is now in, it got set out at the wrong height to start with.

Cart shed going up.
Oak front, softwood feather board on sides. Softwood will be painted so gone fairly cheap. Roof will be tiled to match house.

IMG_1580_zpsdv2ugbbn.jpg

IMG_1581_zpssvgt7k80.jpg

Your web host is still giving probs. 2nd time I've mentioned it.

1Capture.PNG

Note the: "hosted by armstrongjordan DOT co.uk

(hammer)

Ring them - it could be damaging to your business if people come across your site and back out/away from it because of the above.

With your new build costs, I doubt you want to implement a P&L reduction strategy from your business website :roll:

Attachments

• 1Capture.PNG
    1Capture.PNG
    41.1 KB · Views: 1,200
Flynnwood":nc7639lz said:
Your web host is still giving probs. 2nd time I've mentioned it.

View attachment 1

Note the: "hosted by armstrongjordan DOT co.uk

(hammer)

Ring them - it could be damaging to your business if people come across your site and back out/away from it because of the above.

With your new build costs, I doubt you want to implement a P&L reduction strategy from your business website :roll:

Thanks, I have forwarded it to my IT person, however no one else seems to have this problem

Looks a bit woody, needs tiling. Might end up painting part of it and staining the oak and doors.

Loving the size of it. Plant room and home gym in the right, cars and storage middle and left, loads of loft space

IMG_1614_zps4bqgkxj3.jpg

IMG_1613_zpss4bndgpd.jpg

Just read your thread from start to finish (quiet at work this evening...)

I'd love to build a home one day - perhaps our next move will be into something designed and built for us. Looks like you are making splendid progress - I'm jealous!

scgwhite":35ucev6w said:
Just read your thread from start to finish (quiet at work this evening...)

I'd love to build a home one day - perhaps our next move will be into something designed and built for us. Looks like you are making splendid progress - I'm jealous!

Would have loved to have made an oak frame building like yours. Time is the issue, main thing is I have a business to run, family to keep happy, wife at university, 2 dogs to walk and furniture to make for the house, 5 bathrooms / ensuites, kitchen, utility, study, 5 bedrooms, av units.......... tim,e is a nightmare, just doing the essentials at the moment.

Busy site today, roofers

IMG_1633_zpsl7mms7ut.jpg

IMG_1627_zpsuvutdump.jpg

4 Plasterers, plus electrician and plumber on site finishing off the ground floor. Plaster looks good makes the rooms very tidy.

IMG_1622_zpsjmg1rwpo.jpg

IMG_1626_zpsftiwdnwr.jpg

Wuffles":1w8xmhvl said:
Dot and dab on the block work or render?

Sand and cement with a plaster skim. I've tried to keep it a bit traditional, from the start we could have gone timber frame, which would have been quicker, possibly a bit cheaper and better u values. However it's my house and I like rock solid stuff where costs allow so we went blockwork and rendered walls internally as it just feels more solid than dot and dab, plus easier to fix stuff to. Hopefully a home for life. I'd definitely do it again as a sell on if I found the right land.

doctor Bob":2wlzd2ox said:
Wuffles":2wlzd2ox said:
Dot and dab on the block work or render?

Sand and cement with a plaster skim. I've tried to keep it a bit traditional, from the start we could have gone timber frame, which would have been quicker, possibly a bit cheaper and better u values. However it's my house and I like rock solid stuff where costs allow so we went blockwork and rendered walls internally as it just feels more solid than dot and dab, plus easier to fix stuff to. Hopefully a home for life. I'd definitely do it again as a sell on if I found the right land.

I did the same, I like to drill a wall to hang a picture, not use an ice pick. Cost was similar (in my case) anyway, so why mess about :)

Back