New House, New Workshop Build.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It’s been a while since I last posted about my workshop build. A lot has been happening that’s caused me to not be focused on it including the losing after a short illness my closest friend, mentor and truly loved father.
With the massive help of @Sideways and another close friend and my youngest son I've now emptied my old workshop into storage😢. The plan originally was for the new workshop to be finished and just one move necessary….but why do a fun job just once when you can do it twice! 😭.
So, yesterday I finally handed over the keys to the new owner and waved it a very fond farewell. There is something very sad about emptying a building. Here it is for the very last time.

IMG_3735.jpeg
IMG_3734.jpeg

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about the loss of your dad and whilst going through a move as well so hard times but hopefully brighter ahead. What were you doing that required such a large workshop or was a lot for storing your restoration machines, you could have done some traction engines in there !

I clicked like on the post above but it doesn't feel quite right given your sad news. Hopefully you are not too far away from being back up and running in your new workshop.

Sorry to hear about the loss of your dad and whilst going through a move as well so hard times but hopefully brighter ahead. What were you doing that required such a large workshop or was a lot for storing your restoration machines, you could have done some traction engines in there !
Well, just hobby stuff! But I managed to fill it with machines and wanted more room! I think you just grow into what ever space you have available.😂😂🥴

The ‘old’ workshop was £10K seven years ago to buy. Thats the structure, insulated cladding including insulated roof lights, electric insulated roller shutter door and pedestrian door, the purlins were steel and everything was galvanised. That didn’t cover the concrete base or its erection.

The new workshop is slightly smaller and not the most ideal shape for what I want to do within it, but it’s right next to the house, so needed to be aesthetically sympathetic to my wifeys needs😂

Last edited:
The ceiling of the new workshop is insulated and plastered, it’s been first fixed for lighting and now just needs paint and second fixing. The ceiling will be white, whilst the beams will be varnished and left natural colour.

IMG_3737.jpeg

IMG_3736.jpeg

The floor is starting to go down. It’s DPM over the concrete pad, followed by thick insulation rated to take the weight of the machines I plan to accommodate and then a layer of radon gas membrane. The floor insulation interlocks. Over this will be the under floor heating (yep, I plan on working in a nice cosy environment) and then 75mm of screed before a resin floor. The walls will not be plastered, just painted white. The UFH is hopefully being installed next week. It will run of air source.

IMG_3738.jpeg

Back