Bobby's new build thread

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
doctor Bob":19opxy08 said:
IMG_1441_zpsvp8ejwz8.jpg

Now that's a window, looks right.
Good choice Dr B =D>

doctor Bob":5yu6zrh6 said:
Wedges and foam I think, I'm with them on Wednesday to start the chippy's off, see how it goes.
Whatever happened to the good old tingles?
Windows are looking really well made, very nice job.
Rodders

Please don't foam them in. Wedge and plaster is cool. Frame sealant 'round the outside, to stop the draft. Box frames need to breath, same as any other joinery.

Chip shop":2hj514gq said:
Please don't foam them in. Wedge and plaster is cool. Frame sealant 'round the outside, to stop the draft. Box frames need to breath, same as any other joinery.

I think I'll need to foam in front and back, at the front so they have something to render to and at the back to ensure good seal for the air pressure test.

Temporary storage for stuff in the garage, it's being demolished next week, ready for cart shed base.
I've bought it, I'll move it into the garden later in the year for garden machinery and furniture storage.

IMG_1455_zpsaxjhbmqo.jpg

IMG_1461_zps4kv5x5ps.jpg

I got the container from a company called Bullmans in the end, essex based. £1695 delivered, no dents, mint condition.

All going well, thin wedges to position them correctly then double wedges to lock them into place. they protrude by 13mm to allow for sand and cement render and plaster, then Ill architrave them in.

All 18 should all be in by end of today.

IMG_1470_zpst1hmvcvi.jpg

IMG_1468_zpsaj19r2zk.jpg

IMG_1462_zpszvtlppql.jpg

IMG_1454_zps5j1uqb10.jpg

IMG_1453_zpsjxiweofw.jpg

Plastering inside and rendering outside should begin in about 10 days. Plasterboard on studwalls and skimmed, solid internal walls to be sand and cement render with a plaster skim.

lurker":1z33pwak said:
Looking good Bob. Nice design as one would expect from you

Just copying the original windows, I did increase the sizes but wanted to keep the proportions the same.

11108199_845547878816180_7308163331118025355_n_zpsj1gtk4ql.jpg

The project looks fantastic....Not trying to sound like a smart buttocks, but I can see daylight past one of your wedges. Can you gob that up somehow?

Chip shop":at8rcxg1 said:
The project looks fantastic....Not trying to sound like a smart buttocks, but I can see daylight past one of your wedges. Can you gob that up somehow?

They will all be foamed in front and back, stone sills need to go in still.

Ahhh, sorry. Missed that bit. The windows look brilliant. Just as a matter of interest; how long did it take from order to delivery?

Leaky cart shed coming down.
Contents now in container.
I'm removing the roof, then the rest will be pushed over and burnt.
I'm cutting the metal bolts with an angle grinder and lifting the sheets of in whole sections, damped it all down before lifting.
2 weeks to get the new base in ready for arrival of new shed.

IMG_1497_zpsojzzraav.jpg

IMG_1503_zpsfrakwiuj.jpg

IMG_1504_zpspguqihyn.jpg

doctor Bob":ln39e6lc said:
I got the container from a company called Bullmans in the end, essex based. £1695 delivered, no dents, mint condition.

Did you get a quote from Rob? Did he not cover your neck of the woods?

Wuffles":1smumqps said:
doctor Bob":1smumqps said:

Did you get a quote from Rob? Did he not cover your neck of the woods?

I rang most of them, just went for best overall cost

Windows and french doors in, bifolds go in during the next few weeks. Cart shed gets pushed over today.

IMG_1529_zps4juvdw0o.jpg

Back