Bobby's new build thread

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doctor Bob

Established Member
Reaction score
If anyone is interested, I will do a new build thread.
At the moment, I haven't decided as to the route I'll take, self or part management, or hand it over to someone, getting quotes together at the moment.

We exchanged yesterday, move in on 29th May.

Here is what I've bought, outlined in red.
24503_3642953_IMG_00_0000_max_656x437_zpsyxiubs7v.jpg

You can see the existing house in the east corner, I will live there whilst the new one is built about 5 meters behind it.

Nice one Bob! lots of potential!

Have you got pp for a certain design or is there some movement?

Adidat

Congratulations.
A very good find! It looks flat, plenty of space for drainage, good road access.
will this be for one house or 3? Certainly looks big enough, well done.
Regards Rodders

Congratulations.

I reckon there's about an acre, so would easily fit one home over three floors approaching 2,800 sqft comprising three reception rooms, kitchen family room and utility, six bedrooms and four bathrooms. Perhaps even a detached double cart lodge. :wink:

That's not a plot, it's a small holding, Farmer Bob? New career?

powertools":mdbgp9fj said:
Well I for one will follow this with interest as our new build house in the garden is due to start in 3 weeks.

Good luck, mine won't be starting for a few months.

Hi Bob

If you don't have a huge amount of experience in the "game" I'd hand it over. Just do the fun bits and get someone else to do the really stressful stuff. I wish we could but our budget is so small we have no option but for me to bodge it.

If you need a kitchen or wardrobes, just give me a call. :wink:

Nathan

nathandavies":ckogit4k said:
Hi Bob

If you don't have a huge amount of experience in the "game" I'd hand it over. Just do the fun bits and get someone else to do the really stressful stuff. I wish we could but our budget is so small we have no option but for me to bodge it.

If you need a kitchen or wardrobes, just give me a call. :wink:

Nathan

Thanks Nathan, I'm coming round to that, at the moment I'm thinking about just doing kitchen and windows, still not sure I have the time or inclination to do the windows.

Having completed a new build a few years ago I now take the opportunity to advise anyone in the same position to give consideration to mobile phone signal.

With current building regs and modern construction techniques our house ended up as a Farraday cage, and mobile signal was almost non-existent. We have a Vodafone booster, which helps, but we're fortunate that the house is relatively open. There are other options, however I could not possibly advocate them here ;) I am reliably informed though that unless they affect your neighbours the carriers turn a blind eye to them as they use them themselves.

Best of luck

A few pics of the garden and exterior, I shall post the interior up another time (not for the faint hearted)

11401223_845547858816182_5061561746392427824_n_zpsgbnds9sz.jpg

10453460_845547815482853_3352302432305570085_n_zpsu07hqyku.jpg

11108199_845547878816180_7308163331118025355_n_zpsj1gtk4ql.jpg

11391729_845547828816185_5541972147966880768_n_zpsohzgt0iu.jpg

Your new house looks well Bob, didn't take you long to put up. Finished to a high standard too........... : )

Best of luck.

The garden just keeps on giving. It now seems to be twice the size, the hedge was so out of hand that at it's widest it was 5m deep, all nettles, brambles, hemlock, scrub. The only way to get the brambles was to burn them out, at one point it looked like a scene from apocalypse now just as the napalm hit, then when it died down it resembled the opening scene from terminator.
New chainsaw and bush wacker on order as the others are not man enough, the brambles are the biggest i've ever seen, roots like a football 7-8 branches the size of your forearm and runners 30m long.
I'm only allowed to prune the big trees as it's a conservation area but even that is hours of work, the horse chestnut tree was just spread on the floor, pruned it back so you can now walk under it and it's magnificent, it's my log store shelter. Which is another subject altogether, I have enough wood to keep me going for 20 years, I think I may have to start up a little log selling business.

Back