Bobby's new build thread

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been flat out with work, with the aim of paying for the house....... looking good, hopefully I can get ther without a mortgage and just a small bit of manageable debt :D

Also doing work within and furniture for the house

Wife decided this year would be the perfect year to start a 2 year MSc, so she is at university in Lincoln some of the week.

15 year old son who has decided to be a perfect pineapple hence spending a lot of time speaking to teachers, no malice in him just wants to be the years entertainer, he is very funny..........

2 dogs which need big walks.....

Anyway......... pictures, we are a bit further on than this, house is 90% rendered, decoraters are well on with it, all being sprayed, second fix electrics started

IMG_1882_zpslyq1eqxc.jpg

IMG_1879_zpsing2sjle.jpg

IMG_1872_zpsculi0p0o.jpg

IMG_1829_zpst77znbph.jpg

IMG_1822_zpsfpcmf5gs.jpg

IMG_1818_zpsydctsju8.jpg

IMG_1813_zpsapysvce8.jpg

Tiles throughout downstairs, due to the hairy dribbly thing .......... anyway lets leave the misses out of it ............. no honestly 2 dogs.
Mixture of 200mm and 300mm wide tiles, there is a repeat but over 10 runs.

Colour going on the walls, ammonite, love the sashes.

IMG_1934_zpsclf1m1yz.jpg

IMG_1940_zpsdtpcrlp1.jpg

IMG_1949_zpszxnv94i4.jpg

IMG_1955_zpsmpccycda.jpg

IMG_1959_zpsxyitn11a.jpg

Adam9453":cd63a64x said:
Looking really good Bob.
I'm keen to see what you do with your own kitchen

Need a decent kitchen company I suppose, know any?

chippy1970":1n2s0ba6 said:
I like the panelled strings on the stairs ,nice touch

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

Thanks, something I added after they were fitted, really pleased with how they look. They are just part of the fixed price, I was thinking about upgrading to a walnut staircase but really pleased that determination to keep within budget stopped me.

The only overspend has been on windows and doors and a bit of additional electrics.

doctor Bob":8mxmltxg said:
Adam9453":8mxmltxg said:
Looking really good Bob.

I hear wren have a sale on :wink:

I've just been helping the in laws moving their kitchen around in the house they just bought. Today's work was a quick fix so it's usable until they're ready to redo the kitchen properly.
I'm trying to encourage them to go for an unusual kitchen design as I have some interesting ideas I need a Guinea pig to test on.

Looking good, as ever with new-old builds a decade or two will soften it greatly

Not tempted to spend the extra on krypton fill? Reduces the sections so much.

Jake":3bpfz0gr said:
Looking good, as ever with new-old builds a decade or two will soften it greatly

Not tempted to spend the extra on krypton fill? Reduces the sections so much.

Looked at the option Jake, but as always budget is a factor, a few grand here a few grand there, soon adds up.

Adam9453":1lcts11v said:
doctor Bob":1lcts11v said:
Adam9453":1lcts11v said:
Looking really good Bob.

I hear wren have a sale on :wink:

I've just been helping the in laws moving their kitchen around in the house they just bought. Today's work was a quick fix so it's usable until they're ready to redo the kitchen properly.
I'm trying to encourage them to go for an unusual kitchen design as I have some interesting ideas I need a Guinea pig to test on.
Lol

Talking of Wren ,one of my new neighbours has just had one delivered ,good luck. When he first bought his house and started work on it, he was all talk of getting a proper kitchen. He must have run out of money or lost his mind as he now had a Wren delivered. I'd have put it straight in the skip where it belongs lol

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

Back