Bandsaw bearings

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is the hole in the thrust bearing central? If the bar is rotated does it change the position to the blade and lower bearings?

Much the same thing as Nail suggested, an eccentric guide mounting shaft (for the whole thing) would account for the thrust guide being closer to the blade guard on the screenshot video.

170-D5-A06-A3-AF-492-B-8-D7-D-0-A42141-C3-E2-E.png

And the peg for the bearing that goes into the bar is central?

It would make sense that one is offset.

Pics of both would be good.

And the peg for the bearing that goes into the bar is central?

It would make sense that one is offset.

Pics of both would be good.
What I was told here is,i think, is the m8.bolt at rear of column is offset and if I release it I could move it about 5mm,but I don't see that!

What I was told here is,i think, is the m8.bolt at rear of column is offset and if I release it I could move it about 5mm,but I don't see that!
You’re talking about something different to what I’m asking about.

I’m talking about the bits in the pic I posted.

Looking at the various images you've posted:

This one shows that the whole guide block is too far to the right, hence the left guide being fully extended and the right guide interfering with the rear guide.

3.jpg

With the following picture, unless it is the angle of the photograph, it looks like there is an offset pin between the bolt at the rear and the guide block (circled in red).

2.jpg

So try loosening the M8 bolt at the rear, and the the grub screw circled in red in the picture below and see if you can rotate the offset pin to move the guide block to the right (you will need to loosen the left and right guides first. If you can manage this, adjust the right guide and rear guide so that they don't interfere with each other and align the guide block so that the left and right guides are roughly equal to the blade.

1.jpg

Looking at the various images you've posted:

This one shows that the whole guide block is too far to the right, hence the left guide being fully extended and the right guide interfering with the rear guide.

View attachment 158357

With the following picture, unless it is the angle of the photograph, it looks like there is an offset pin between the bolt at the rear and the guide block (circled in red).

View attachment 158360

So try loosening the M8 bolt at the rear, and the the grub screw circled in red in the picture below and see if you can rotate the offset pin to move the guide block to the right (you will need to loosen the left and right guides first. If you can manage this, adjust the right guide and rear guide so that they don't interfere with each other and align the guide block so that the left and right guides are roughly equal to the blade.

View attachment 158365
Hi,thank you,I will have a look at that tomorrow and see how I get on!

Sorry to interject at this point, but whereabouts are you based? Can a member closeby not go to this bloke and help him out?
All of the photos help, but it isn't the same as physically being there.

1683013251670.png

Shouldn't the step on that bar be flush with the housing behind it?

On the Basa1 the guide assembly and the bit that goes up and down is held on with some bolt on the back of the machine. These holes are larger than the bolts so you can loosen and adjust the position so the guide goes up and down in a straight line.

If it's the same on the bigger machines can you loosen the bolts and move the assembly across a bit to get the guide wheel part in a different position?

Back