Bandsaw bearings

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You’ll need to adjust both.
Hi,ok,that cam bolt is one unit and moves both sideways and up and down when turned,and as hard as I have tried it doesn't resolve the issue,I have managed to move the whole unit more left to give more thread to the left side bearing but it's not enough! Also,the thrust bearing is rubbing against that bolt,I can see marks on it!
I think at this stage,I can only say thanks to everyone that gave advice,I will have yo see if I can get another top bearing system to resolve this problem!

Hi,ok,that cam bolt is one unit and moves both sideways and up and down when turned,and as hard as I have tried it doesn't resolve the issue,I have managed to move the whole unit more left to give more thread to the left side bearing but it's not enough! Also,the thrust bearing is rubbing against that bolt,I can see marks on it!
I think at this stage,I can only say thanks to everyone that gave advice,I will have yo see if I can get another top bearing system to resolve this problem!
So you could move the housing forward a bit on the steel bolt to stop the rubbing or cut the bolt shorter as there’s a fair bit of excess.

So you could move the housing forward a bit on the steel bolt to stop the rubbing or cut the bolt shorter as there’s a fair bit of excess.
No, tried that and still issue with bearing and bolt,it's very tight,and minomal clearances! Move housing forward and you still have to move bearings back to avoid the teeth of blade!

So cut the bolt shorter?
Might do but might be better see if I can get a smaller thruss bearing in diameter!! Im using a 3/8" blade,if i need a smaller one I may need thebolt length as is! The bearing would be a better option!

Wouldn’t a smaller thrust bearing diameter mean that you definitely wouldn’t be able to have it touch the back of the blade though?

Easy enough to try though - just buy a spare and pop it in a drill and file the edge to a smaller diameter.

Wouldn’t a smaller thrust bearing diameter mean that you definitely wouldn’t be able to have it touch the back of the blade though?

Easy enough to try though - just buy a spare and pop it in a drill and file the edge to a smaller diameter.
It's only slightly smaller,and i coyld still move the whole housing with the cam bolt on housing,!

So,I have one more question,would anyone know where I'd get a 19mm bearing,even a ball bearing on stem as in photo 6mm dia,that will fit in brass sleeve,as in photo?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230502-212400_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230502-212400_Chrome.jpg
    411.9 KB · Views: 0
When you get your tracking sorted, then you can inspect to see if your guides travel parallel with the blade.
It would be a pain if what Nial mentioned turned to be the case...
unless you never have to raise or lower the guidepost.

Seems a bit questionable why you can't set it up, seeing as there is seemingly no difference
of those machines on YT.
I would inspect the machine and not use it in haste, as it seemingly didn't have any checks done before going out the door.
Quicker and easier than having to repair something down the road, like your wheel bores for example.

Good luck

When you get your tracking sorted, then you can inspect to see if your guides travel parallel with the blade.
It would be a pain if what Nial mentioned turned to be the case...
unless you never have to raise or lower the guidepost.

Seems a bit questionable why you can't set it up, seeing as there is seemingly no difference
of those machines on YT.
I would inspect the machine and not use it in haste, as it seemingly didn't have any checks done before going out the door.
Quicker and easier than having to repair something down the road, like your wheel bores for example.

Good luck
I don't and have never had trouble with the tracking,it's fine!!

Is there an alternative bearing system for a Basa3 scheppach bandsaw?
Is there an alternative bearing system for a Basa3 scheppach bandsaw?
Hi it's me again,still on about this THRUST bearing,can someone still help,engineer or anyone as from photos previously enclosed I would like to replace the flat disc bearing with a roller type which would work the same as the flat one only the new bearing would be 19-20mm in diameter,but needs a spindle or shaft5.82mm dia ,and 14mm length to fit in the brass housing the present shaft sits in???

So the simplest solution is just to turn down what you have, as suggested before.
The simplist solution is to get a smaller thrust bearing,which is what I have asked today! Not sure what you mean by turn down??

Tap the inside of the brass sleeve and fit the bearing with a bolt.
Not sure what you mean rhe bearing is too wide in diameter,all I asking,is if anyone canadvise on a bearing and shaft that can replace it! You seasoned experts must have contacts to help with that!!

Not sure what you mean rhe bearing is too wide in diameter,all I asking,is if anyone canadvise on a bearing and shaft that can replace it! You seasoned experts must have contacts to help with that!!
Then fit a smaller diameter bearing.

Back