bandsaw tyres.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought a urathane set of tyres for my 14” bandsaw from the US, was supplied with a little tool that made the job of installing very easy. Simply was a piece of 3/4” dowel 4” long with a 3 1/2” nail ( or long thin decking screw) with a small piece of 2” hard tubing (eg 8mm airline) placed over it prior to be hammered into the end of the dowel.
Technique was soak the tyre in hot water, then position the tyre over the bandsaw wheel, as it was beginning to get tight place the nail and tube under the tyre until the dowel end touches the bandsaw wheel, simply wind the dowel around the circumference of the wheel. The nail spins within the tubing and the tubing spins under the tyre and rolls the tyre into position over the wheel lip. Takes about 15 seconds to install the normally very difficult and tight tyres. Once located wind 1-2 times to ensure the tyre is centred on the wheel.
Such a simple and effective tool.

I bought a urathane set of tyres for my 14” bandsaw from the US, was supplied with a little tool that made the job of installing very easy. Simply was a piece of 3/4” dowel 4” long with a 3 1/2” nail ( or long thin decking screw) with a small piece of 2” hard tubing (eg 8mm airline) placed over it prior to be hammered into the end of the dowel.
Technique was soak the tyre in hot water, then position the tyre over the bandsaw wheel, as it was beginning to get tight place the nail and tube under the tyre until the dowel end touches the bandsaw wheel, simply wind the dowel around the circumference of the wheel. The nail spins within the tubing and the tubing spins under the tyre and rolls the tyre into position over the wheel lip. Takes about 15 seconds to install the normally very difficult and tight tyres. Once located wind 1-2 times to ensure the tyre is centred on the wheel.
Such a simple and effective tool.
Bandsaw Tire Warehouse. I used him to make a custom sized set of urethane tires too. Went through his Facebook page and saved a little over his eBay adds. He doesn't have to pay them their listing fee. They also came with the same high tech installation tool. Highly recommended.

Pete

Bandsaw Tire Warehouse. I used him to make a custom sized set of urethane tires too. Went through his Facebook page and saved a little over his eBay adds. He doesn't have to pay them their listing fee. They also came with the same high tech installation tool. Highly recommended.

Pete
The video I posted uses a very similar technique, but you just need a short length of smooth metal rod and a washer, then use a drill to spin it, works a treat.

Back