Walk-in BZB 20” Bandsaw Thrust Bearing

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul McCuish

Reaction score
Both the upper and lower thrust bearings in my BZB 20 inch bandsaw loosen almost as soon as the blade contacts them. They spin freely. Any advice is appreciated.

I didn’t make myself clear. The small nut that holds it in place (the nut with the rounded top) loosens, causing the part of the assembly that the band rubs against to move away from the band.

locktite....get the screw lock, always easy to undo......

out of interest......a certain expensive watchmaker uses a special thread lock in their mechanical products.....

plus, it's used on boat prop nuts.....apart from keeping things tight it also stop corrosion.....

it's a great product....

Both the upper and lower thrust bearings in my BZB 20 inch bandsaw loosen almost as soon as the blade contacts them. They spin freely. Any advice is appreciated.
Hi, i bought one of these bandsaws new in 1967. Which had the guides which were just brass, I later upgraded them to the modern guides which were ball bearing guides. And had the problem which you are experiencing. I cured this by making the knurled wheel into a hexagon and the end of the threaded shaft into a square. Which means I can tighten it securely and it never comes loose. The enclosed photograph should explain what I have done. And since then I have had no bother with the machine and is still in daily use today. Hope this is of some use to you, regards Stan

Attachments

• IMG-2758.jpg
    IMG-2758.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Back