Richard T

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrs T

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, I just wanted to let you all know that very sadly Richard died this morning. He was taken unexpectedly and catastrophically ill with what turned out to be an aneurysm in his brain stem. I probably shouldn't be posting this in my current state, but I wanted to let you know as the forum was an important part of his life, and he made many great friends here.

The only brightness in the general misery is that we were able to give consent for Richard's liver, pancreas and one of his kidneys to be donated to benefit someone in need of them.

Thank you all for the friendship and laughs you gave him during his time as a member of the forum.

Best wishes,
Emma

So sorry to hear of your loss Emma, I'm sure Richards participation in the forum will be missed.

As a consolation I personally can only say, as much as Richards passing is a blow to you and your family I can only find solace in the fact that life was not a dragged out series of discomfort for him personally.

Thank you for letting the wood working community know of this sad event.

So sorry to here of your loss, I'm sure Richards participation in the forum will be missed.

I'll second that, Richard was one of the most helpful forum members.

Only met Richard once just a few a months ago at David Stanley, we had a very nice chat about mitre planes and he even took the trouble to bring one of his puzzles along to show me. Ironically the puzzle was called "forgetmeknot".

Such a shame and just when he was mastering plane making, I was eagerly awaiting his next generation mitres in brass / gun metal.

Carl (tall specky northerner).

That is so very sad and a great shock. Richard was such a nice person and so very helpful.

We'll be thinking of you at this very sad time

Paul

Very sorry to hear such sad news, how moving that he could help someone else at least. Our thoughts are with you.

So very sorry. I'd only met Richard a few times but was looking forward to getting to know him better.

I'm so sorry to hear of your news Emma.
I was hoping to catch up with you both tomorrow at Mikes do, and can't quite believe you won't both be there.
I will miss his cheerful attitude and enthusiasm all day.
Thinking of you in this difficult time.
Richard

Back