Which shop vacs have a 35mm hose so I can attach the DeWalt Airlock connector to it?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cup of tea

Reaction score
I'm in Dewalt tools and needed a general shop vac for cleaning, and that I could also hook up to the tools for dust extraction. The DeWalt connector that attaches to most of their tools is called an Airlock (AIRLOCK DUST CONNECTION SYSTEM MAIN CONNECTOR | DEWALT), and required a 35mm hose to screw onto. I was looking at getting the Dewalt DXV20P vac, but it comes with a 48mm hose.

DeWalt DXV20P 20L Wet & Dry Vacuum Cleaner

It seems like only the top of the range Dewalt vacs, that are classed as dust extractors, come with a 35mm hose. And actually include a Airlock connector with them. (Probably as a big diameter hose is good for general construction mess whereas a narrow one is better for tool dust extraction.)

Does anyone have experience with this and know which vacs come with a 35mm hose? Or is it always a case of buying more hoses and adaptors to make it work?

I could;
  1. Buy a 35mm hose and some how attach it to that vac
  2. 3D print an adaptor that goes between the 48mm hose and the Airlock, though this would get bulky
  3. or find another Vac that comes with a 35mm hose
How have you got round this?

How have you got round this?
I've a collection of old vacuum cleaner bits, but if I can't find anything to fit theirs always something around to bodge up into connector. Bits of plastic pipe, duct tape etc.

I'm in Dewalt tools and needed a general shop vac for cleaning, and that I could also hook up to the tools for dust extraction. The DeWalt connector that attaches to most of their tools is called an Airlock (AIRLOCK DUST CONNECTION SYSTEM MAIN CONNECTOR | DEWALT), and required a 35mm hose to screw onto. I was looking at getting the Dewalt DXV20P vac, but it comes with a 48mm hose.

DeWalt DXV20P 20L Wet & Dry Vacuum Cleaner

It seems like only the top of the range Dewalt vacs, that are classed as dust extractors, come with a 35mm hose. And actually include a Airlock connector with them. (Probably as a big diameter hose is good for general construction mess whereas a narrow one is better for tool dust extraction.)

Does anyone have experience with this and know which vacs come with a 35mm hose? Or is it always a case of buying more hoses and adaptors to make it work?

I could;
  1. Buy a 35mm hose and some how attach it to that vac
  2. 3D print an adaptor that goes between the 48mm hose and the Airlock, though this would get bulky
  3. or find another Vac that comes with a 35mm hose
How have you got

Although expensive I bought the airlock pack and a 35mm hose plus a 35mm to 48mm adapter now I have a long hose that wraps around the vac when not in use.
My vac was under warranty so I didn’t want to shorten the 48mm hose,and I do like the airlock system. The DXV23pva is good apart from the auto start that has packed up.

Last edited:
Although expensive I bought the airlock pack and a 35mm hose plus a 35mm to 48mm adapter now I have a long hose that wraps around the vac when not in use.
My vac was under warranty so I didn’t want to shorten the 48mm hose,and I do like the airlock system. The DXV23pva is good apart from the auto start that has packed up.
Thanks. Do you remember which 35mm hose you ordered? I'm struggling to find any. Was it nice and flexible? The supplied one with the DXV20P is very stiff.

Thanks. Do you remember which 35mm hose you ordered? I'm struggling to find any. Was it nice and flexible? The supplied one with the DXV20P is very stiff.
Amazon purchase
DSFSAEG p/n 16239190905323
£18.99
Fits my dewalt sander (airlock adapter screws on to the hose) not as stiff as the original hose and winds around the vac ok.

If you need to make an adaptor between hose sizes use a 1/2 litre plastic bottle ie the sort that coke/pepsi comes in, cut the top off close to the size you need and cut the bottom off . Slip it over the hoses to be joined and apply heat from a heat gun. The plastic will shrink tightly round the hose/tool spigot/table saw outlet etc. Cheap and cheerful and easy to redo if damaged.

Back