Walnut/Pete/MacTimbers

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hanser

Established Member
Reaction score
Some of you may recall this post walnut-ringed-t76900.html

Well, Racers put his hand up and now has a couple of big lumps. In a year or so's time I'm sure he'll be showing us a few piccies.......

I also kept some lumps but I only have a small worktop bandsaw, so I contacted Mike Cawthorne at MacTimbers who processed them on Saturday on his large mill. Time will tell how well short board lengths will season. If the worst comes to pass a friend has told me that walnut adds a delicate scent/taste if used in a pizza oven :shock:

I had an enjoyable afternoon at MacTimbers. Mike and Rene were perfect hosts and Mike showed me around his set up - he's got so much timber =D> Well worth a visit if you're in the area.

hanser":2zmi2qmm said:
I had an enjoyable afternoon at MacTimbers. Mike and Rene were perfect hosts and Mike showed me around his set up - he's got so much timber =D> Well worth a visit if you're in the area.
Does this mean he's got his planning issues sorted out now?

I managed to cut up the big lump on Saturday, it took some heaving to get it onto may band saw it was just manageable on my own, I think it was about 50kg!
Its now planked up and drying.

Pete

cambournepet -Mike and Rene are still doggedly dealing with the planning issues. I found them in good spirit and determined to fight on.

Pete - Likewise I've got mine stacked and drying in my wood shed. My wife's a bit pi55ed off with me - she didn't mind me so much gathering up the wax wax candles in the house but it seems using her saucepan to melt the stuff was just too much :mrgreen:

I used some white emulsion paint!

Saucepans are for making jam in.

:wink:

Pete

Good the hear they are fighting on.

Back