Axminster + UKW...Special Event! details update

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rob - your link, even without the full stop at the end, does not seem to lead anywhere.....
I would love to attend the event as it is the first woodworking 'thing' in Oxford I have ever attended - exciting!
Gasman

Hi there,
I can't get the link to work either but I'd love to attend both events please.
Thanks for bringing this up Rob.
Cheers
T

Thanks for the advance warning, like others the link doesnt seem to work and cant see anything on the Axminster site.

Being based in Oxford will keep an eye open for this.

Please remember though, that the cut-off point will be 20 bodies for the 'special event'...we're up to about 14 now, assuming that all want to go to the SE and Rycotewood - Rob

Yes I'd be interested, in attending the event at Rycotewood and the evening meeting-assuming its on the Sat.

Jeremy

wizer":3ig4jfue said:
Well I'm up for it. I'll stick my hand up for MarkW too, provisionally.

Yep, count me in, sounds like a great idea and near enough geographically to be doable.

There seems to be enough interest in the SE so I'll contact Ian today and let him know what's happening. As I said earlier in this thread, date, location and timings need to be sorted out now

I've just heard back from Ian who said...

"Location is your call alternatively we could have a shop open for the night you tell me where it works best for your guys and we will set it up. It's totally free!"

So, when, where and what time?

I'd suggest one of the Axminster branches, but other thoughts? Date? - Rob

so this is completely independent of the Rycotewood bash? Or does the location have to be within spitting distance of that location?

wizer":frhydlng said:
so this is completely independent of the Rycotewood bash? Or does the location have to be within spitting distance of that location?
Tom - this is independent of Rycotewood, a special event exclusively for UKWorkshop members (but only up to about 20)

I've heard from Ian again just now and a date after Feb 14 would suit Axminster - Rob

The evening event at Axminster High Wycombe would be ok for me although I guess getting there on a weekday evening would be a bit of a b**** with local traffic heading home for the day. Alternatively I could investigate a village hall in my area of West Berkshire (between junction 12 and 13 of the M4) don’t know what it costs to hire a hall but would not think its too pricey.

Mike

How did I overlook this thread #-o

Very interested in both if not too late, pending confirmation of location/timing etc.

What a great idea !

Cheers, Paul :D

I'd suggest that the Axminster Branch at High Wycombe would be suitable as it's fairly 'central'...still a hike from Salisbury, but doable - Rob

woodbloke":3rkp1epz said:
wizer":3rkp1epz said:
Tom - this is independent of Rycotewood, a special event exclusively for UKWorkshop members (but only up to about 20)

I've heard from Ian again just now and a date after Feb 14 would suit Axminster - Rob

There's one problem I've just realised. Feb 14th is Valentines. I think I'd have my knackers boiled if I went to a woodworking event on Valentines night! So if this thing happens that night, I think I'll either have to do some serious sweet talking or bow out.

I take it Deneb is just here for that weekend?

High Wycombe would be better for Mark and I, also. Sittingbourne would be better :lol:

Tom - from the OP, it appears that Denib is in the UK for only a week prior to the 14th (ie the event at Rycotewood) so he wouldn't be attending the SE organized after that date (that's if I read the information in the post correctly)
So you know what you could be having for supper on the 14th...mmmmm, tasty :lol: - Rob

Confused.

Deneb is a long term worker at LN and is over for a week before the event so I wondered if you wanted to set up an evening maybe with fellow forum members limited to say 15 or 20 where we can come to a workshop or you come to us for a unique evening trying out tools and having much of them explained as well as demonstrated? I have to get a schedule up together over the next few days so would be pleased if you can let me know asap if its of interest and also which night-late afternoon also location.

It appears that Ian is saying that the get together is with Debeb? In which case this get together has to be arranged before the 14th ? Or the evening after those events?

This is all getting a bit confusing :? I'm assuming that the evening event is the evening with Deneb mentioned in the original post. That was to take place during the week before the main event. Now it's after the 14th. If that's correct, is it still an evening with Deneb :?

Confused from Bookham :? :?

Back