Very, very, very annoyed. 2 things.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheshirechappie":2dik6hi5 said:
The other language change that winds me up is 'train station' instead of 'railway station'. Never heard it until about ten years ago - where on earth did it come from?
As distinct from bus or tube station. If you were asking your way you might be sent to the wrong one.

So, it's always been the train station where I'm from, since I was a child. A loooooooooooooooooooooooong time ago.

The 'trigger' on my car's offside front door has broken; which means I have to unlock the car, open the rear passenger door, and reach inside to open the driver's door. Can I find a replacement door handle? Nope. I have to buy a complete new door mechanism. Progress...

Benchwayze":kxpjiyey said:
The 'trigger' on my car's offside front door has broken; which means I have to unlock the car, open the rear passenger door, and reach inside to open the driver's door. Can I find a replacement door handle? Nope. I have to buy a complete new door mechanism. Progress...

Out of curiosity which make?

We have a 1999 Honda S2000 and you can still buy even the smallest part for it such as those wee plastic fixings that keep the boot trim in place. And not that expensive either.

My key fob stopped working. I bought a new case and a new rechargeable battery. The battery was soldered on but it was easy to take it off and replace. Put it all in the new case. Case was £5 from eBay. Battery £3 from RS components. Compared to £300 odd quid for a new key.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On the subject of malapropisms and misusing language, don't forget people who use 'verses' as supposed to 'versus' that always irks me. And people who use 'oppose' verses 'suppose'. An the last one that gets me is those who can't distinguish between 'and' an 'an'.

phil.p":156a8ctn said:
What about the TV sports presenter's favourite - "vee" instead of "versus"? :)

Ha. Whole different thread required for the language used by TV sports presenters. At the end of the day, there's only so much space one thread can take up.

Cheshirechappie":7ewx1dc1 said:
At the end of the day..........you're on overtime.

My Mum used to scream at the TV when a perm would start talking about "at the end of the day" in the 70s

"It's NIGHT, it's ******* NIGHT!"

Bless. She hated footballers, and Jimmy Saville, hated him too. Unluckily she died two days before he did, she'd have enjoyed all that.

Back