Verrry Wobbly Dado!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lastminute

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a 7" adjustable (wobble) dado which is supposed to fit a 5/8” saw arbor ...tried to mount it, but found the bore diameter is about 1/8" bigger than the arbor? ie sloppy fit?...should there be some sort of bushing or am I missing something?

Gerry

HI Gerry
1/8" isn't sloppy, it's cavernous.
At the risk of stating the obvious, either it is not a 5/8 bore or you don't have a 5/8 shaft. It should be easy enough to measure. But I've never come across anything other than 5/8 and 30mm for a modern TS (although I have seen an ancient machine with a 1" spindle.)

What make is the dado and do you have any paperwork with it?

S

I think Steve has it nailed there.

The only other one I have come across is an odd sized inca at 20mm.

Anders K":19zmv503 said:
My Wadkin AGS10 has a 20 mm arbor.

Hello,

Sounds like the OP's wobble saw will fit your machine! Perhaps you can give it to him, so he has something to fit his blade on :shock:

Mike.

Needs a bush. If you can't find one to fit a near size bit of plastic pipe might do it with a cut in the side so you can bend it around the 18mm

woodbrains":1z9xliwc said:
Anders K":1z9xliwc said:
My Wadkin AGS10 has a 20 mm arbor.

Hello,

Sounds like the OP's wobble saw will fit your machine! Perhaps you can give it to him, so he has something to fit his blade on :shock:

Mike.

Haha, good idea :)

...thanks everyone....please see pic, showing a 3/4" bore (18.97mm)
It is new and unused...I don't have the sawbench (Woodford model) now, and can't see me selling it on if it won't fit a 5/8" (16mm) arbor.
...thanks for all your replies.

Regards

Gerry

SV101549.JPG

Attachments

• SV101549.JPG
    SV101549.JPG
    132.2 KB · Views: 71
But that is bizarre. It's clearly stamped 5/8" and the ruler clearly shows it as 3/4" How strange.

Mind you I recently bought a Freud set to replace the one that walked. The packaging is labelled 5/5 but the bore is really 30mm. I do have some bushes but I've not tried them yet. So if anyone has a Freud set at 5/8 and needs a 30mm one instead and would like a straight swap...
S

Latest posts

Back