THE FOURTH OF JULY

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

niall Y

Established Member
Reaction score
No, not a reference to a " Yankee Doodle Dandy" but to the upcoming polling day - which no one else seems to want to mention :giggle:

The old cynic in me, thinks that Rishi might be trying to pass the parcel before its contents become too toxic. Possibly with a view to the Tories getting back in power, at a later date, when Labour also fail to deal with the issues at hand.:unsure:

Last edited:
Why would we want to mention something that will not change anything we are currently doing, it is just another election that gets everyones hopes up because they believe the propagander and then they get all depressed because it dawns on them that things are no better overall, what might have been good is now in ruins and what was in ruins is now sort of proped up. Best thing is to enjoy your woodworking and do something that politics cannot which is being productive and creative and don't let the 4th of July stress you out.

Same old cuts
Same old jobs for the boys
Same old big E - business getting tax cuts
Same old business first yet not supporting business
Same old talk of leveling up but more money for London

Same on 5 as on the 3rd!!

Probably like many of you, as I age I have become even more cynical about the promises made by politicians of all persuasions.

While I will vote, the changes to the constituency boundaries make my vote worthless due to the massive majority of one party. This will be the fourth constituency I will have been in while living in the same house!

I dont believe any of them know anything about running anything so whoever gets in we will end up paying for it one way or another while being told "We have never had it so good"

Hasn't it become obvious yet, that elections are only to decide who tells you the mostly bad news.

The people who make the decisions are not elected.

Wow, this has turned into the most cynical posts I've read. However, I also agree that we're unlikely to be in a better position no matter which clown makes their way into Downing Street.
We can only hope for a better establishment next time......

I don't vote, I don't care who is in power because they are all as bad as each other, what I do object to is having to shut the school for the day while they use our hall as a voting station

Why would we want to mention something that will not change anything we are currently doing, it is just another election that gets everyones hopes up because they believe the propagander and then they get all depressed because it dawns on them that things are no better overall, what might have been good is now in ruins and what was in ruins is now sort of proped up. Best thing is to enjoy your woodworking and do something that politics cannot which is being productive and creative and don't let the 4th of July stress you out.
IMG_5946.jpeg

I don't vote, I don't care who is in power because they are all as bad as each other, what I do object to is having to shut the school for the day while they use our hall as a voting station
It's a good job that not everyone takes that attitude otherwise we would have a dictatorship and change would be decided on the battlefield.

Back