"""""HEAD TO HEAD MITRE GAUGE REVIEW"""""

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes I was aware of these. I also thought about nylon threaded studding in a fine size, but I chickened out of trying this sort of arrangement as I didn’t feel very confident about drilling into the side of a 6mm bar and still maintain the strength and integrity of the bar. Using an end mill as a drill bit to mill flat bottomed 1/2 inch diameter shallow hole seemed a simpler option.my MK2 one seems to work very well! But I suspect that I could make an even better one based on my experiences wth the first two. I’m sure I had at one time a bar of HDPE about an inch diameter. If I can find it, and turn it down to half inch, I could drill it to 4mm countersink the end and part off a neat little washer that should work better than the PVC ones that I am currently using and not be as brittle.

Really interesting and helpful thread. I am looking to buy my first table saw or saw bench. It will have to be on the small size due to my limited workshop space. I only came across the issue of different mitre slots earlier this week as I was doing my research. Agree with others that this is really frustrating!

I like Record machinery and have been tempted by the TS 250C-PK/A table saw. But I now note on this thread that the mitre a lot is 12mm, not the “standard” 19mm. Unless I can think of a way to get round this, eg to enable me to extend the cross cutting capacity, I will probably have to look at alternatives. Anyone tried the Charnwood W629? And if so, what are the mitre slot sizes? I may also post this question on a new thread.

Latest posts

Back