Tier 4

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't claim it was true, because I cannot stand over that claim.

Well then it is better not to post it unless you know it is true. You were obviously concerned it might not be because you attached that disclaimer to it.

Where did you get it from?

You have claimed it is fake. and claiming further that because someone claiming to be an actuary on twitter said so.

It is a verified account. Nick Stripe is fairly prominent. Here he is in a source you might trust more than me: Coronavirus: Nick Stripe discusses latest ONS figures | Videos | Express.co.uk

Irrespective of that, you can also tell what he says is true if you bother to look at the numbers and think about dates and the fact a full year is different from a not yet completed year.

The thing you posted is fake and misleading and you need to process that.

Anyway whether it is or not.

That is not a choice. The fact is it is fake.

We will soon be at the year end and total deaths will be easily comparable.

They are easily comparable, in a so-far-this-year versus this time last year sense.

At least I hope so.

I don't know what your residual doubt is supposed to signify.

To me this has been right from the start about one main point - stopping the NHS being overwhelmed. I think most people who say it won't affect them etc. are missing the point. I'm not particulary worried about it either from my own perspective although I am classed as vulnerable because I suffer from diabetes - what I am concerned about is me spreading it to people where it does matter. This disease can increase at exponential rates very quickly and everyone needs to play their part. Problem is, too many people think they are the exception and to be fair I've seen it in the older population as much as the young.

Exactly (y)

Could affect me if my cataract op is cancelled. Longer you leave it the more difficult it is. Already 6 months over.
But there are others with serious life threatening conditions, being put off or deferring by choice.

My wife raised an interesting question just now about schools.
A lot of kids in Haddenham (Bucks, Tier 4) go to Lord Bill's school in Thame (Oxfordshire, Tier 2)
How is that going to work when schools reopen?

I work in further education and we've been told we'll be at work (and hence the building will be open) no matter what tier we're in.

Also from Gov.uk - Tier 4: Stay at Home

21-12-20 15-23-56.jpg

My sister in law and her husband are going to their daughter's for Xmas. I'm not sure exactly where she lives, but it's six or seven counties away. It's very probably his last Xmas alive so I can't in all honesty say I blame them.

Quite busy in the shops today. Enjoyed a nice lunch, the restaurant was fairly full, we were the youngest by at least 40 years.

I'm arguing with anti vax nutters in another part of the wood.
I'm firmly in the Anti-Vax camp. Not a mainstream view perhaps, but I have my reasons, like many anti-vaxxers.
It is important that everyone approaches this sensitive topic armed with the information THEY know to be true. I know my truth and I have first-hand experience that backs up my stance: I once had a Vax and it was the worst vacuum cleaner ever. I will never buy one again. All these armchair experts have clearly never experienced the disappointment of having to go over the same piece of carpet, again and again, to pick up the same biscuit crumbs or dog hair. I am firmly in the Henry Hoover camp and I cannot be told otherwise.

Anyway whether it is or not. We will soon be at the year end and total deaths will be easily comparable. At least I hope so.
I'm firmly in the Anti-Vax camp. Not a mainstream view perhaps, but I have my reasons, like many anti-vaxxers.
It is important that everyone approaches this sensitive topic armed with the information THEY know to be true. I know my truth and I have first-hand experience that backs up my stance: I once had a Vax and it was the worst vacuum cleaner ever. I will never buy one again. All these armchair experts have clearly never experienced the disappointment of having to go over the same piece of carpet, again and again, to pick up the same biscuit crumbs or dog hair. I am firmly in the Henry Hoover camp and I cannot be told otherwise.
I'm very much pro-Vax ... File:LCM - DEC VAX 11-780-5 - 01.jpg - Wikimedia Commons

Daughter has a Harry. You can't replace the drive belts on the tools, so you have to replace the whole tool when the drive belt wears.:rolleyes:

Nigel.

I am going to have to start taking things even more seriously than I normally do.

We have just got back from the normal late night shopping trip. No customers as usual but not much left on the shelves either. No canned toms, no pasta, very little veg - but more worryingly NO TOILET PAPER.

You can always tell that the country heading for disaster if peoples main concern is to buy toilet paper by the shed load.

In those ONS pages linked by Jacob it states top cause of death in September 2020 to be Alzheimer's and Dementia with Covid oddly as the 19th highest cause of death. Those comparing this pandemic to real disasters like Spanish Flu or the Black Death are way off the mark, it has been calculated that pro rata per population the Spanish Flu would by this stage in our "Pandemic" have killed about 120m and has been recorded the Black Death literally decimated the population of Europe. You will never succeed in running away from this virus it will run it's course and be gone, this pandemic will be recorded as a bizarre act of mass hysteria in years to come. Yes it is real, yes it can be a nasty thing and even kill you if your immune system is lacking but it is not a serious enough disease to shut down the world and destroy the economy for!

Was also wondering that. I don't live far from you (in Bucks) and need to go to Thame for a medical appointment (which I think is still allowed) but usually do some shopping (essential) in Thame when I am there. I guess I'm not allowed to do this? i will err on the side of caution and shop in Bucks.

I know a few people who have had C19. My neice in Devon tested positive for it but the symptoms were not too bad. Her boss (35'ish) was hospitalised with it. Both managers from her and her brothers firms (both international firms) took the wrong and inappropriate course of action wrt to government advice. I seriously wonder about the basic intelligence of some people.

To me this has been right from the start about one main point - stopping the NHS being overwhelmed. I think most people who say it won't affect them etc. are missing the point. I'm not particulary worried about it either from my own perspective although I am classed as vulnerable because I suffer from diabetes - what I am concerned about is me spreading it to people where it does matter. This disease can increase at exponential rates very quickly and everyone needs to play their part. Problem is, too many people think they are the exception and to be fair I've seen it in the older population as much as the young.

Stay safe everyone

Just about the best post I read in a while!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back