Post a photo of the last thing you made

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Made several small tables like this. All of the others were either oak or mahogany. This was made from pine at a friend's request and he wanted it scorched. Not my taste, and this was the first time I had done it.
Not overly keen on the finish but he was pleased
Alan
20231119_144837.jpg
20231119_144908.jpg

Another rustic doorstop from a cut off piece of old Oak mantelpiece, this one is a Christmas pressie for my youngest son.

I got hold of some used woodcarving gouges earlier this week and I wanted to used them to add some texture to the face. I shaped the Oak leaf with a Kutzall burr. I still need to buy a round pull handle to attach to the top.

20231119_122439.jpg

Agree - love that table and the live edge on the fall section… only question is how does the leg look in real life - the photo makes it look quite heavy against the wood…
In real life it doesn’t look quite as large …the pic was taken on an angke. The black steel let is 50mm deep compared to the 22mm of the maple.

Bit of a joint effort, this. It's some stocking-fillers for the grand children, this Christmas. The wife made the "snazzy" bags for each of the whistles. The red whistles are Padauk and the black ones African Blackwood. To ring the changes, one of the Blackwood ones has Nickel Silver ferrules.
Think I'm almost at the end of my whistle making craze, now, as I have other projects to be getting on with. :unsure:
IMG_4212_1en.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_4213_1en.jpg
    IMG_4213_1en.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 0
Bit of a joint effort, this. It's some stocking-fillers for the grand children, this Christmas. The wife made the "snazzy" bags for each of the whistles. The red whistles are Padauk and the black ones African Blackwood. To ring the changes, one of the Blackwood ones has Nickel Silver ferrules.
Think I'm almost at the end of my whistle making craze, now, as I have other projects to be getting on with. :unsure: View attachment 170313

Lovely really nice work

Think I'm almost at the end of my whistle making craze, now, as I have other projects to be getting on with. :unsure: View attachment 170313
They are fantastic.

Love these mate, really nice .. Maybe a video after Christmas with the kids playing them .. 😁😁

Finished this a couple of weeks ago, my first niece/nephew is on the way so I've made this memory box for my sister:

All made from a single piece of sycamore I found in Albion Timber; it was thick enough I could rip parts in half and make that continuous pattern all round the bottom. First serious go at mitre joints and I think they all came out well. The rippled piece in the centre of the lid was off the end of the board.

Finished about 300x200x100mm, and 90% of the joinery was with hand tools. All surfaces finished with my ~1950s Record no.4 and coated in hard wax oil.

The board (or at least part of it):

IMG20231006144935 - Copy.jpg

The Box:
DSCF7256.JPG
DSCF7263.JPG
DSCF7264.JPG
DSCF7261.JPG

Nice box. Nice timber, especially for under a tenner! I've been to Albion Timber a few times and they sometimes have some really nice pieces at reasonable prices, but that was a steal! :)

Thanks. To be fair there was so much choice when I last went up and it was all very reasonably priced. I just loved the colour on this one and in terms of yield it was more or less perfect; I think I only had one extra piece from where I'd resawn the insert and that was it, the rest became box or shavings...

Back