Post a photo of the last thing you made

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This has been keeping me quite for a while, mainly weekend work with a mate on a new workshop, (not mine I hasten to add) while the weathers been good we’ve been cladding the outside with green oak

CECCF517-3A27-43DE-9396-ADB41F953896.jpeg

EB3C3CC0-E1A4-435B-AE42-335D8404778D.jpeg

The doors are galvanised steel frames insulated & clad in painted pine t& g.

C6F0EB6B-9D0D-47F1-BA44-7FBD880CC5E1.jpeg

Not a great photo showing the running gear the doors are hung on the bottom runs in a track in the concrete floor.

E398F6ED-5405-4224-98A9-7E1140655072.jpeg

As this weekend the forecast wasn’t good we’ve started on the ceiling, 16mm thick t&g random length boards.

EE81D807-C200-4577-9128-34A2AB4A9332.jpeg

100sq/m in 2 days is fairly tiring I’ve got to admit, perhaps my wife’s right I should act my age but where’s the fun in that 😊

A6167204-0294-47C3-8ED8-392D987973AE.jpeg

still a fair bit to do but at least this weekend finally feels like we’ve broken the back of it.

This has been keeping me quite for a while, mainly weekend work with a mate on a new workshop, (not mine I hasten to add) while the weathers been good we’ve been cladding the outside with green oak

View attachment 169305

still a fair bit to do but at least this weekend finally feels like we’ve broken the back of it.
Stunning!

Oak cladding must be expensive compared to the usual larch/cedar options? Although it doesn't look like a budget build to be fair!

Neighbour recently took up all his ipe decking and said I could have it. Even after sorting out all the rubbish, I was left with boat loads of the stuff. Probably sounds ungrateful as it was free but it’s the most evil timber to work with, splinters galore and destroyed thicknesser blades.
As a thank you I made him an Adirondack from the veritas plans (bought them back in 2020). The one pictured is number 3…I think I’m up to 7 now…

Attachments

• IMG_0265.jpeg
    IMG_0265.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 0
Neighbour recently took up all his ipe decking and said I could have it. Even after sorting out all the rubbish, I was left with boat loads of the stuff. Probably sounds ungrateful as it was free but it’s the most evil timber to work with, splinters galore and destroyed thicknesser blades.
As a thank you I made him an Adirondack from the veritas plans (bought them back in 2020). The one pictured is number 3…I think I’m up to 7 now…
Nice
Where do you live?!🤣🤣🤣

lol…I’ll just say Greater Manchester ( that was the one sunny day of the year). To be honest, I’ve not got much of the timber left as I’ve made the chairs, other bits/bobs and a fair bit of it was either ready made propellers or had wood worm. Probably why he gave it me (to get rid of)

keeping me quite for a while, mainly weekend work with a mate on a new workshop, (not mine I hasten to add) while the weathers been good we’ve been cladding the outside with green oak

View attachment 169305

View attachment 169306

View attachment 169310
Not a great photo showing the running gear the doors are hung on the bottom runs in a track in the concrete floor.

View attachment 169311

As this weekend the forecast wasn’t good we’ve started on the ceiling, 16mm thick t&g random length boards.

View attachment 169308

100sq/m in 2 days is fairly tiring I’ve got to admit, perhaps my wife’s right I should act my age but where’s the fun in that 😊

View attachment 169307

Great work Doug and a very grand workshop. I love the veranda.

A carpenter's mallet made from some oddments/offcuts of oak and red? hardwood I bought on ebay.
To use the various pieces of timber I had to be creative with cutting and gluing pieces together to get the laminated effect and contrasting wedges.
It's very much an "art piece" just produced for a bit of fun 🙂

Attachments

• wood-mallet3.jpg
    wood-mallet3.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 0
  • wood-mallet1.jpg
    wood-mallet1.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 0

View attachment 169305

View attachment 169306

View attachment 169310

View attachment 169311

View attachment 169308

View attachment 169307

How will the poor man manage in such a cramped dark place.... oozing jealousy

lol…I’ll just say Greater Manchester ( that was the one sunny day of the year). To be honest, I’ve not got much of the timber left as I’ve made the chairs, other bits/bobs and a fair bit of it was either ready made propellers or had wood worm. Probably why he gave it me (to get rid of)
I was joking you have generous neighbours!!

I was joking you have generous neighbours!!
True. He’s a very wealthy business owner (and a nice bloke) so money isn’t really a big concern for him. I told him there was a fair amount of monetary value in the timber, he wasn’t bothered.
At the time, he was having some landscaping done and the guys working there would randomly take the odd length of the decking without asking. He urged the other neighbour and I to take it all before they had anymore lol.

Other neighbour took a small amount, I think for planters. He ended up pestering me for a chair (think that was number 5). I’m tempted to burn the templates at the moment.

Back