Post a photo of the last thing you made

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there a reason you chose to angle the striking faces of the mallet:dunno:, i could be wrong but i would think that it would be very awkward to use.
I angled the face so that a swing will bring the striking face down square on the workpiece, that's all. Just my preference.

Just to add - it seems the standard is a 5deg angle on the strike face when browsing wooden mallets - mine is a 10deg but it works well for me

A bit of paste wax and light repairs on an old oak sled.
Steering wheel, hand brake...
No rosebuds here, this was some posh kid's sled. :)

sled.jpg

A productive day in the maker space today, I finally finished the spalted Sycamore yarn bowl I started ages and ages ago, a forum member has asked about buying it so I'll post the photos after they have decided if they want it or not, I also made a little lid for the small oak pot I made last week, the wood is from a piece of PE bench so not sure on species but it cuts beautifully and rarely needs much sanding, I also used my secret Santa texturing tool on both sides of the lid and love the outcome on both.
20230124_165103.jpg
20230124_165059.jpg
20230124_165015.jpg
20230124_165005.jpg
20230124_164823.jpg

We're all beginners really ☺
That's a beautiful looking box, super glossy, is that a varnish?
its a special very special yacht varnish on a mahogany stain , it cost me £2.50 aerosol out of Poundland LOL , seriously it was, they do also it in a brush on tin 250 ml tin , thick and sticky but adding white spirits to it gives you a 1/2 litre light thin brushable varnish , one coat then a light sand , second coat light sand and it comes up great , i did another similar project , yes you guessed it out of pallet wood , a little glitter also from poundland .. and ............. pic is not best looks best for real. this was a little holder for my entertainment system for the camper, it holds a tablet , built in is powerbank and blutooth speak , so i got movies netflix prime etc and mp3s at touch button .. I know Im mental , for me its all about junk and making something I can use .. I will share my foldable bed / table with chess board on top / sofa/ settee / with a draw also later all from pallets once finished

Attachments

• IMG_20230106_153555_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230106_153555_HDR.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
its a special very special yacht varnish on a mahogany stain , it cost me £2.50 aerosol out of Poundland LOL , seriously it was, they do also it in a brush on tin 250 ml tin , thick and sticky but adding white spirits to it gives you a 1/2 litre light thin brushable varnish , one coat then a light sand , second coat light sand and it comes up great , i did another similar project , yes you guessed it out of pallet wood , a little glitter also from poundland .. and ............. pic is not best looks best for real. this was a little holder for my entertainment system for the camper, it holds a tablet , built in is powerbank and blutooth speak , so i got movies netflix prime etc and mp3s at touch button .. I know Im mental , for me its all about junk and making something I can use .. I will share my foldable bed / table with chess board on top / sofa/ settee / with a draw also later all from pallets once finished
Nothing wrong with upcycling pallet wood, most on here know by now that I'm a Caretaker in a primary school, I've build many toy storage boxes/sheds from pallet wood and other things, even in my wood turning I won't cut a tree down just for turning wood, 99% of my supply comes from trees we have had to fell around the school for safety reasons such as disease or storm damage.

Nothing wrong with upcycling pallet wood, most on here know by now that I'm a Caretaker in a primary school, I've build many toy storage boxes/sheds from pallet wood and other things, even in my wood turning I won't cut a tree down just for turning wood, 99% of my supply comes from trees we have had to fell around the school for safety reasons such as disease or storm damage.
we have similar thoughts , I would rather plant a tree than cut one down that isn't necessary, when I was better on my legs I worked with the forestry commission a day a year voluntary planting them , I just love the outdoors and beauty as much as I do pallet wood

we have similar thoughts , I would rather plant a tree than cut one down that isn't necessary, when I was better on my legs I worked with the forestry commission a day a year voluntary planting them , I just love the outdoors and beauty as much as I do pallet wood
During covid I planted over 330 trees around the school grounds from the woodland trust free trees for schools programme.
@MorrisWoodman12 It seems to be known as a decorating elf, plenty of YouTube vids on how to make your own and how best to use, the cutter can be changed to get different patterns.
20221225_130526.jpg
20221225_130514.jpg
20221225_130541.jpg

Back