Post a photo of the last thing you made

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spent a few relaxed hours threading 100 tree shaped xmas ornaments and fitting screw eyelets to 100 bulb/teardrop shaped ornaments, got more thread/ribbon coming tomorrow, going to do at least 100 icicle shaped then I'll start on bigger stuff.
20221117_222518.jpg
20221117_222750.jpg

PXL_20221114_114216536.jpg
PXL_20221114_114110610.jpg

PXL_20221114_114135177.jpg

Some Turnery that I finished recently. I'm not entirely happy with the shape or finish, (think I over did the Danish Oil, not even waxed it yet), however, given that it's the first decent thing I've turned after a five year or so hiatus I'm quite pleased with it. The wood itself is amazing, beautiful. Love the burrs in it. It's a piece of Black Locust, Robinia Pseudoacacia I think. Harvested and squirreled away years ago so I'm not completely certain.

The problem is that I don't know what it is! It was meant to be a door stop but it looks too nice to get battered around in that function. Not sure what else to do with it. Any ideas gratefully revieved.

I recognise that floor! Years ago we used to make Computer bureaus, deliver and install the customers equpment in them (before led screens). Delivered to one house and the floor was just like the photo. Had to block up the front of the plinth to level, looked awful but the customer was happy LoL!

I recognise that floor! Years ago we used to make Computer bureaus, deliver and install the customers equpment in them (before led screens). Delivered to one house and the floor was just like the photo. Had to block up the front of the plinth to level, looked awful but the customer was happy LoL!
Wow. You reckon you've been to this house, or you just recognize these tiles? I live in south Birmingham, moved here in 2016.
I took that picture in our kitchen. The floor is rubbish, like an awful lot of work that was done in this house for or maybe by the previous owners.

@scockram How about drill a 2inch recess on top to hold a tealight?
That's an idea, thanks. I'm looking for something even more functional really. Her indoors said that she doesn't want any more wooden ornaments in the house. She's got a point; we've got a large number of turned and hand carved / whittled bits and pieces lying around already. If I can convince her it's got an important function then I'll get it in!

That's an idea, thanks. I'm looking for something even more functional really. Her indoors said that she doesn't want any more wooden ornaments in the house. She's got a point; we've got a large number of turned and hand carved / whittled bits and pieces lying around already. If I can convince her it's got an important function then I'll get it in!
Buy a lamp kit and turn it into a side table lamp? Looks good and serves a purpose 😁😁😁

Stig ... u need to start making stuff earlier.....Jan is just around the corner...lol.....
Farm Labourer... ur in the wrong job...that is stunning...
Sockram... that would be a paper weight in our house.......the doors n windows are always wide open.......

Stig, Are you going to seal them so paint don't run all over?
Not planning to put anything on them, only going to price them as £1.50 each or 4 for £5, by the time I add up the time spent making them and the costs of the string/ribbon, eyelets, small paper bags, stickers with my logo on I could potentially spend half my profit before selling anything.

Buy a lamp kit and turn it into a side table lamp? Looks good and serves a purpose 😁😁😁

Wish I'd thought of that before I took it off the lathe, would have been so much easier. Think I've got a lamp kit kicking around somewhere already.

Latest posts

Back