Post a photo of the last thing you made

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just some fence posts and pallet wood but didView attachment 146835 the job. The ‘slates’ actually fell off a lorry - yes really! Saw 5 packs lying by a roundabout on my way home so pulled off and picked them up. A few corners crushed but for a log store just the job. Anthracite barn paint was an exact match for toning down cut edges.
Good find!

I made a batch of Panga Panga plane screwdrivers, featuring a magnetic makers mark for easy storage.

457CA3A4-343E-45F6-8FE5-E1FEFEDD655E.JPGIMG_1150.JPGIMG_1143.JPG

Just some fence posts and pallet wood but didView attachment 146835 the job. The ‘slates’ actually fell off a lorry - yes really! Saw 5 packs lying by a roundabout on my way home so pulled off and picked them up. A few corners crushed but for a log store just the job. Anthracite barn paint was an exact match for toning down cut edges.
Is there not a worry of damp being caused against the wall

A somewhat productive day today, I couldn't bring myself to do more baubles, the 2x2 pine I have is too soft and I hate turning it, I have 3 weeks to the school Xmas fair 🙃 I've decided to concentrate on bigger stuff for now as I have a lot of wood that is suitable for that, then the offcuts and waste from that wood can be used to make more baubles. Managed 5 bigger trees in 3 hours so not too bad, a couple I finished with wax the rest I used Danish oil.
20221109_162615.jpg
20221109_162558.jpg
20221109_162517.jpg

I haven't even started to think about dressing the table/displaying my items, it will be my first ever stand/stall at an event and I'm scared, I have the added pressure of knowing everyone that is coming 😯 (parents and children)

I haven't even started to think about dressing the table/displaying my items, it will be my first ever stand/stall at an event and I'm scared, I have the added pressure of knowing everyone that is coming 😯 (parents and children)
I'm wondering if you could kick-start a new post. I will be taking some of my trinkets to the lady that has a stall I pass when I visit the hospital to raise money for charity. Maybe other members here do something similar or could send pieces to another member that has a charity/fundraising stall. Just a thought to kick about.

I collect huge lumps of wadkin machinery with them overflowing into the garden, everyone has there obsession. She has started taking over the loft room now.
i would not be surprised if many of the more expensive bags go up in value if they are not used and that model gets discontinued.

More baubles today, managed to get a little system going, cut up the lengths of wood into shorter easily mounted pieces, half is 2x2 pine the other half is a hardwood from some old school tables, they fit in my chuck jaws nicely so no wasting time turning a tenon between centres, trying to get a nice cut but still having to give them a blast with some 120g, especially the pine which is producing huge amounts of fine dust 🤮, mostly teardrop shapes today with a few tree shapes, still have to clean up the bottoms, find a small enough drill bit and decide what to drill where, find some ribbon/thread to attach
20221110_124411.jpg
20221110_162802.jpg

Thank you, Lefley
The rails are called Linear Rails. Those are from a company called Vevor but many other companies produce them. You can find on amazon. Those are 20mm but I believe you can also find them with 16mm rails (I think).
Saw the ad for these and the company Vevor... very tempted but have held off temporarily. Was thinking of using them as you have as a starter. Looks like they worked well for you 🙂

More baubles today, managed to get a little system going, cut up the lengths of wood into shorter easily mounted pieces, half is 2x2 pine the other half is a hardwood from some old school tables, they fit in my chuck jaws nicely so no wasting time turning a tenon between centres, trying to get a nice cut but still having to give them a blast with some 120g, especially the pine which is producing huge amounts of fine dust 🤮, mostly teardrop shapes today with a few tree shapes, still have to clean up the bottoms, find a small enough drill bit and decide what to drill where, find some ribbon/thread to
Hi Stigmorgan
I believe the hardwood is beech
Fred

More baubles today, quite a lot more actually, really got into the flow of it today, then I ran out of 2x2, tried gluing some 2x1 iroko into 2x2 but it didn't work very well 😥
20221111_164123.jpg

Got 40 raindrop shaped, 30 of the similar sized tree shapes and 16 of the very small tree shapes, not too bad but got a very very long way to go, and I need to make nice stuff too, oh and I also have to get my secret santa gift made and sent 🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪

More baubles today, quite a lot more actually, really got into the flow of it today, then I ran out of 2x2, tried gluing some 2x1 iroko into 2x2 but it didn't work very well 😥
View attachment 147001
Got 40 raindrop shaped, 30 of the similar sized tree shapes and 16 of the very small tree shapes, not too bad but got a very very long way to go, and I need to make nice stuff too, oh and I also have to get my secret santa gift made and sent 🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪
Dude that's a LOT of baubles!! 😂 you must have the mother of all Christmas trees!
How are you planning on finishing them?

Dude that's a LOT of baubles!! 😂 you must have the mother of all Christmas trees!
How are you planning on finishing them?
So I think most here who are aware of me know by now that I am a primary school caretaker, we have a Christmas fair organised by our PTA on 3rd December and they offered me a table to sell some of my work and I (stupidly) said yes, without being big-headed, the children absolutely love me (I'm the biggest child in school 🤪) and I wouldn't be surprised if they all want to buy something I've made so I hope to have a few hundred of the tree baubles that will be priced at £1 to £1.50, I'm not finishing them beyond a quick rub with 120g, that way they can take them home and paint/colour them for themselves. I will also be making a range of larger trees that will be around 6 to 8inches tall and so e bowls/pots etc if I get time.

Just found these on amazon so ordered them and they should arrive Tuesday
View attachment 147009
That's quite cheap if you have a use for those sizes

But it looks like one of those snack type things. If you left it out at Chritmas someone would take some and choke so you will have to be carefull if you have guests with poor eyesight.

That's quite cheap if you have a use for those sizes

But it looks like one of those snack type things. If you left it out at Chritmas someone would take some and choke so you will have to be carefull if you have guests with poor eyesight.
🤣 luckily we rarely have people over to us and they will likely be kept out in the makerspace so shouldn't be an issue 😁😁😁

Back