Post a photo of the last thing you made

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Simo":34s44fsr said:
Just finished this Beech and Black Walnut chopping board. It was my first attempt at making an end grain board, but I'm fairly happy with how it turned out.. although it did make me wish I had a table/track saw to make life easier :)

n2zMQw.jpg

Nice tight glue lines, very clean chamfering, precise alignment.

Doesn't get better!

=D>

variety in my designs makes them more unique so the posted pics are the same design but altered
sample1a.jpg
sampl1.jpg

sample2.JPG
sample2a.JPG

all made from american maple and walnut

Attachments

• sampl1.jpg
    sampl1.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 525
  • sample1a.jpg
    sample1a.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 525
  • sample2.JPG
    sample2.JPG
    51.8 KB · Views: 525
  • sample2a.JPG
    sample2a.JPG
    53.7 KB · Views: 525
  • sample3.JPG
    sample3.JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 481
  • sample3a.JPG
    sample3a.JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 481
  • sample4.jpg
    sample4.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 480
  • sample4a.jpg
    sample4a.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 482
I've never used smaller than a 1/4" 6 skip. It does all of the jobs I need, but then I have not tried owt quite like yours.

This is one of the last ones I made. It's a money box and before we moved over it was always a popular thing at craft fairs. I did all of the letters asked for

But this is my favourite. The ear comes off to get at the millions inside :mrgreen:

As I'm lacking useable wall space I threw together this mobile clamp rack from spare structural timber I had lying around. Going to come in really handy! Will also make a permanent container on the bottom for things like glue.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    213 KB · Views: 416
custard":2a0vl19i said:
Simo":2a0vl19i said:
Just finished this Beech and Black Walnut chopping board. It was my first attempt at making an end grain board, but I'm fairly happy with how it turned out.. although it did make me wish I had a table/track saw to make life easier :)

n2zMQw.jpg

Nice tight glue lines, very clean chamfering, precise alignment.

Doesn't get better!

=D>

I agree I am especially impressed with the sharpness of it all.

I needed a meat pounder so I made one from a piece of oak and rowan wood for a handle:

25902018420_c4fb3c2caa_b.jpg

26082407782_f9b711779c_b.jpg

25570116204_64fc6b6eb7_b.jpg

Quite please with it, a small and handy little mallet, I think I should make another for use with a chisel.

:arrow: Jonzjob, they're brilliant =D>
:arrow: Sawdust=manglitter, good rack mate =D>
:arrow: DennisCA, nice one =D>

beech1948":2i4v4q3p said:
defsdoor":2i4v4q3p said:
"knocked" this up over the weekend - no skills required (not a joint in sight) and I was scavenging for scraps close to the end :) The plywood I had for this is terrible - mostly gaps and wafer!

publicpreview.php

What are the black boxes in the rolling cabinet. I'm looking for some storege ideas.

Al

Hi

Sorry I missed your reply till now :eek:

They are Stanley Fatmax XL Pro Organiser 1-93-293

I bought some a long time ago from Costco when they were significantly cheaper than anywhere else. Since then have refused to pay anything more than that - even though I wanted more. They are good and sturdy - unlike the slightly cheaper Fatmax alternatives.

Got the remaining 6 from my-tool-shed.co.uk for 20quid a piece. http://www.my-tool-shed.co.uk/p13843/St ... _info.html

I've also printed out some different trays for them to hold some of my more fiddly bits. Am looking at dividing them vertically in some cases also. http://blog.defsdoor.org/fatmax-storage ... ble-trays/

Carbide lathe tool. £5.00 for the insert and about £1.80 for the steel, 12p for the Torx screw. :lol: I may turn an Ash handle for it but in the meantime I'll use one of my collet handles.

b39b42890b80fc56e1118ae9f39cdb08_zps31blrquu.jpg

Cobbled a few gooseneck lamps together
Nowhere near as great a design as the angle poise though.
Its not possible to stretch over and point downwards
so guessing it has to be like this to not blind you /not collapse .
Maybe its more suited to being behind you , provided you don't touch it ..
at least Ive clearing some of the clutter up
Tom

Attachments

• P1010005.JPG
    P1010005.JPG
    90 KB · Views: 220
I made these crates a while ago and finally found a use for them
260101764094fee132f3cd42a861c62f.jpg

c76929e476d4bdabda9d96da549aa8ba.jpg

My workmate kindly donated the brace and a coach screw in the end fits the jack which was also a gift from a very nice chaps scrap metal pile ( Thanks Tom)
The idea was to put a second layer of timber on the back for strength and also to tie the stiles of the doors together. Unfortunately it's outside now and I'm not sure I can be bothered :lol:
All the wood was leftover from random jobs so the only real cost was the polycarbonate and the removable pin hinges. Just need nature to silver it a bit now, and the seeds to start growing !

Cheers
Coley

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Here's my latest Schwibbogen, designed by my better half and I for her friend using CorelDraw and Googled clipart/silhouettes. Took me 10 hours including the cutting (6.55mm Birch Ply,) varnishing, gluing and wiring. It's 35cm x 19cm in size.

Attachments

• Lynn.jpg
    Lynn.jpg
    240.4 KB · Views: 152
My wooden version of the Bedlam Cube puzzle.

There IS a use for scraps after all.

Attachments

• bedlam.jpg
    bedlam.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 292
Looks interesting!!

My effort today was to take a square stick and make it round

2" square 3.1 metres long to 2" and 2.6 metres long. I have another one to do as well, as soon as I get some more belts for my Bosch sander. The old ones kept on giving up and breaking at the join. I can't understand it? They were only about 12 years old :shock: :shock:

They will be the new curtain poles for our lounge window, 5 metres wide. At the moment we have 35mm poles and they ain't strong enough, but would make a quite reasonable bow! I am also making the rings, all 40 and the fitments too. this is it

Jonzjob":3mvqoetr said:
Looks interesting!!

My effort today was to take a square stick and make it round

2" square 3.1 metres long to 2" and 2.6 metres long. I have another one to do as well, as soon as I get some more belts for my Bosch sander. The old ones kept on giving up and breaking at the join. I can't understand it? They were only about 12 years old :shock: :shock:

They will be the new curtain poles for our lounge window, 5 metres wide. At the moment we have 35mm poles and they ain't strong enough, but would make a quite reasonable bow! I am also making the rings, all 40 and the fitments too. this is it

Wow! You're making them round by sanding? How long is that taking?

This is one of those jobs that you'll spend hours and hours on and almost nobody will appreciate the effort when they see the end result. Could you not take the edges off on a bandsaw to start with?

I suspect the rings will take you some time as well. How will you do them?

Back