Post a photo of the last thing you made

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My neighbour gave me this branch. Instead of logging it up I thought it might make a good bird table.
I epoxied a scaffold tube in the end so I can lift it out from the ground if needed.
0620a9a40e58f40f0fd6dc28479e8844.jpg

ef3b8fb51f9a4deb7eaa7fc12db99080.jpg

a8cc3e263ccea5cfefbc7fb07e9e2097.jpg

I bought them as plush toys and manipulated them with drawing pins to give the correct pose.
e6aecf18b3cf6773170a8c08a61f55f2.jpg
A couple coats of fibreglass resin then a final coat injected to completely harden it. - this pic made me chuckle
ee04fbcfcb4a4ca42589ede80b49f4bc.jpg

Mission impossible style Sylvester
e9787b17437820356b6934e2b439f161.jpg

Just a bit of fun ;)
Coley

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Prepped the strings and newels on Saturday, routed and assembled on Monday, fitted this morning. One of those oh so wonderful jobs when it all goes EXACTLY to plan. We rocked up with the staircase on the roof of the van at 10:00 and drove away at 14:30. Happy days.

Staircase 1.jpg

Staircase 2.jpg

Attachments

• Staircase 1.jpg
    Staircase 1.jpg
    242 KB · Views: 192
  • Staircase 2.jpg
    Staircase 2.jpg
    241.6 KB · Views: 192
I'm still making things to organise my tiny workshop...this time a mobile stand for screws, hardware and small tools/accessories.

Made out of 18mm external plywood...it's not good quality ply but it'll do.

It's a very simple construction joined with pocket holes...next project is some wood storage.

Once that's done i'm going to try to make something nice with the plywood...it's not good quality so i'll need to be inventive.

screwstorage.JPG

Attachments

• screwstorage.JPG
    screwstorage.JPG
    168.3 KB · Views: 378
Just finished this Beech and Black Walnut chopping board. It was my first attempt at making an end grain board, but I'm fairly happy with how it turned out.. although it did make me wish I had a table/track saw to make life easier :)

n2zMQw.jpg

09a9e1db29dad1d62e9a8e3778f0d3be.jpg

A couple planters from left over oak slithers.
Originally looked like
afdfc13df4f90c468d8a463d449b1dd4.jpg

It looked a bit fugly so got the chop.

Coley

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Setch":2ja7vc2c said:
Simo":2ja7vc2c said:
Just finished this Beech and Black Walnut chopping board.

Very nice! Offcuts from the latest bass? Where do you get all that gorgeous walnut?

Cheers Setch :)

I brought a job lot of Walnut from a chap on eBay about 3 years ago, enough for 10 or so body blanks, plus a few left over pieces that didn't make the grade. He was just a private seller, not a commercial supplier.. which is a shame, as it was a seriously good price.

Knocked this end grain chopping board together over the last couple of days black walnut and hard maple, was my 1st attempt at a cutting board

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    41.5 KB · Views: 208
Woody2Shoes":2et14bnm said:
"...A couple planters..."

Very nice. How did you do the lettering? Cheers, W2S
Thankyou. The lettering was done using stencils- eBay number 161948033715 if you're looking for some ( think I bought a couple sets of the 35mm version) just masking tape them together then I used 'bedec msp' paint and dabbed on the letters. That paint is just an all in one paint that seems to come in handy alot [WINKING FACE]

Coley

A "shabby chic" ( :roll: ) post box for my girls big day this Friday.
She saw it somewhere, provided dad with a picture and the instructions "make this".
Ain't got a clue what she'll do with it after, I don't want it back :lol:

They should do the job well Dave. I have a couple of cheepo metal ones that are going to be put to use soon. I have to make 2 curtain poles, about 2" dia. Possible to buy, but at 2.5 metres long there are almost 200 beer token each + postage out here !! 8) 8) A 3 metre X 50mm-ish plank is about 70 wine tokens and no postage!! Should be fun getting bits of an 8" wide plank into 2" doweling :p :p :p

Back