Post a photo of the last thing you made

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DTR":flitp0ql said:
Gianluca, please tell me all those gears are functional! It looks amazing, good work!

Yes they works perfectly, and the clocks keep good time too :)

Attachments

• epx201.jpg
    epx201.jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 93
Gianluca":2ltpntn2 said:
Hello everyone,
this is my first post here, and this is one of the clocks i make as an hobby
Nice. Is it functional?
- I just read another comment and realised you already answered my question.
Well done!

Gianluca":2uf5bqal said:
DTR":2uf5bqal said:
Gianluca, please tell me all those gears are functional! It looks amazing, good work!

Yes they works perfectly, and the clocks keep good time too :)

Did you design it yourself or work from plans? I'd love to make one myself!

Phil1975":1uwn7f9f said:
I am fairly new to the forum & woodworking in general.
I am now in the fortunate position where I have been able to borrow a workspace & begin to make something.
I appreciate that none of what I have made is anywhere near the level of most of what I see on this site, but we all have to start somewhere & I am happy so far, although I feel I am at the bottom of a very steep learning curve.

First came the coffee table, mainly made using hand tools.

Then came the cupboard, made from recycled window sills. I really bit off a bit more than I could chew, but I got there in the end.

Last week I made the book stand, as a Birthday present.

Finally the best thing I have made to date, which arrived on Wednesday, so no more woodwork for a few days!

Awesome on all four counts - although the the last one is a bit special :)

12724784_983305558372728_1635974794_n.jpg

This is my first attempt at a bandsaw box. I made it from a lump of hardwood I found on the beach a year ago, knew it would come in useful one day :)
No idea what wood it is, Having recently brought a metal detector, based on a link on another forum post, I failed to use it, so am in need of a new blade (I know, tuff saws). However it did mean that I have this unique staining from the nails. I did rush it a bit, as I was doing this over the weekend of 14th Feb. didn't notice I'd left a glue mark and a pencil line on the edge.

All credit to Jimmy Diresta on You Tube for the inspiration.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cg0d6ZQ00Rg

wolfey":3o7hdxk8 said:
Very nice!

The wood is Jarrah (eucalyptus) Very hard but machines well.

Thank you for the id, and appreciation. I wondered if it was a block from a heavy duty pallet, Not used much hardwood and had no idea what to expect when I started sawing this weathered old block, but it seemed nice to work with and I had a big smile on my face when I saw what was emerging. I'm now eyeing up the eucalyptus trees at the bottom of our garden :)

LOL! I think our eucalyptus is a bit different to this Jarrah so don't rush for the chainsaw!!!

You was close tho with pallet feet! Jarrah is largely found in railway sleepers.

Love the heart shaped box (the nail staining really makes it interesting) - not sure I could give a nailed heart to my lady - it might give her ideas!

pjm699":3miih2w2 said:
Love the heart shaped box (the nail staining really makes it interesting) - not sure I could give a nailed heart to my lady - it might give her ideas!
It had a few cracks in it too, was worried it was going to be broken before I'd given it to her.

Gianluca":3rxp4kvf said:
It is of my design, i made quite a few of them
I don't usually post in this thread, although I love keeping an eye on the incredible stuff people on here make but I thought you might be interested in this thread if you haven't seen it already Gianluca. antikythera-mechanism-t84397.html Think you might like it.

Oak and ash folding step stool, based on a youtube video.

Open
Footstool 1.jpg

Folded
Footstool 2.jpg

Attachments

• Footstool 1.jpg
    Footstool 1.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 168
  • Footstool 2.jpg
    Footstool 2.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 168

Latest posts