Post a photo of the last thing you made

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Made a shelf for the kitchen.
All hand tools, starting from rough sawn.
I still need to make some little covers for the screw holes in the brackets.

LcOE8XK.jpg

Those curved chamfers are very well executed, and the square "countersinks" for the mounting screws aren't easy to cut as neatly as that.

Tidy work =D>

profchris":xv3k935r said:
Just finished this:

Having the skill to play such a lovely thing, as well as the skill to actually make it, must be an immensely and enduringly satisfying combination.

AES":1wfz1h72 said:
Now to me, that looks "real classy". =D> =D>

Thanks, All class 4 Autoclaved timber from a Brico Depot, total cost about €500.00, just looking for the string quartet to entertain us now. :D

Mike

QUOTE: ..... just looking for the string quartet to entertain us now. UNQUOTE:

Well I can bring a 4 (or 6) piece close harmony choir - you provide the airfares, wine, and overnight accommodation. AND you get to choose the repertoire!

(With a spread like that, and garden whotsit to match, looks like you can afford it. "Exclusive" entertainment - that last word used VERY loosely)!

:D :D

Struggling to sand the inside of a concave box lid effectively and I suddenly had a brainwave! I cut a piece off of this and planed off the detail on the top
IMG_2269.JPG

made an insert to fit in the recess
IMG_2267.JPG

and now have a custom made concave sanding thingy!
IMG_2268.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2269.JPG
    IMG_2269.JPG
    56.2 KB · Views: 302
  • IMG_2267.JPG
    IMG_2267.JPG
    68 KB · Views: 302
  • IMG_2268.JPG
    IMG_2268.JPG
    71.5 KB · Views: 302
Songs of choice:
Je Crois Entendre Encore
La Chanson Des Vieux Amants
Or anything by Nina Simone, Bessy Smith or Billy Holiday, but at a push Robert Johnson or Leadbetter.,

Mike

Paul200":17swt0wn said:
Struggling to sand the inside of a concave box lid effectively and I suddenly had a brainwave! I cut a piece off of this and planed off the detail on the top

Very clever =D>

I installed that same handrail on our stairs too ;)

poor mans rebate plane, finished with BLO, I needed one to make some shiplap for my toolchest which is under construction. It fits my narex 12mm chisel, works surprisingly well.

Attachments

• rebate_plane_compressed_1920x1080-1.jpg
    rebate_plane_compressed_1920x1080-1.jpg
    233 KB · Views: 200
Sister-in-law wanted a couple of frames for a couple of Disneyland souvenirs.
Found a few bits of knackered picket fence boards, sanded them clean and made my first picture frames.
She decided she liked the bare wood without any finish but it should be fine for a while in the bedroom where she plans to hang them.

28349262637_7220735694_o.jpg

42314538995_845df8fb20_o.jpg

42314539245_3a50536471_o.jpg

Shaggy":35kamzmk said:
Found a few bits of knackered picket fence boards, sanded them clean and made my first picture frames.

You've done a good job on those mitres. They look a lot tidier than most people end up with for their first frames.

=D>

Thanks custard, my wife's put an order in for a frame now :roll: , just have to find some more bits of scrap wood :lol: .

Well sort of true but I've been wanting to make a set of gates for some time and as I work with the door open and the dog likes to see what's going on in the world I have until now needed to tie her up.

Not a top quality job as I made these to see if we like them before buying decent timber and knowing I could use them elsewhere but as they were a lot more work than I expected and look ok I've given 3 coats of preservative and they're staying put.

I made these just from softwood ( ex 9" x 3" ) I've had for a very long time so when they rot eventually I'll need to buy proper timber like larch or oak. though as the £40 for the hardware was the job total cost I'm happy. At least until the missus forgets to open them before she drives out that is.

Attachments

• gates 2.JPG
    gates 2.JPG
    167.6 KB · Views: 75
  • gates.JPG
    gates.JPG
    167.7 KB · Views: 75
practice joint, from custards instructions on how to cut a mitred dovetail joint

Attachments

• mitred_dovetail_practise_compressed-4.jpg
    mitred_dovetail_practise_compressed-4.jpg
    224.9 KB · Views: 167
Back