Nature of the game WARNING this post contains graphic images of a hand injury

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thebigt

Established Member
Reaction score
See attachments bearing in mind thread warning.

Attachments

• Finger 1.jpeg
    Finger 1.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • Finger 2.jpeg
    Finger 2.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • Finger 5.jpg
    Finger 5.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator:
Please can a mod @Spectric put a warning on the title, my son was sat next to me as i opened this and he didn't fair so well. Hope your healing goes well.

My sympathy for you injuries is accompanied by a wish for the sufferer to tell us more about what happened so that we might collectively suggest safer work practices for those who might be vulnerable.Everybody hates learning of such mishaps and we ought to have the collective knowledge to make repeats less likely.

Don’t know what machine or how it happened as not heard from op since he posted it - some serious food for thought though and as above certainly not any part of any game I’d like to take part in . Seriously though I can understand the op may have had 2nd thoughts since posting as it’s not nice having suffered such serious injuries to be told - oh well it’s your own fault!! It most likely is but we don’t know his story do we . So @thebigt if nowt else just let us know you’re ok .

I'll add, having had a section of finger ripped off myself, the pain after the surgery was extreme for months so don't be surprised if he isn't around for a while.

Oh Dear, quite the beauty. See these wood lathes, more dangerous than you think :unsure:

Cause could have been anything. engineering, garden/chainsaw or woodworking machine, but until we get the actual lowdown, Im going to say moulder.

Love that bloody mash on the middle finger, reminds me so much of my own little accident :LOL:

Oh Dear, quite the beauty. See these wood lathes, more dangerous than you think :unsure:

Cause could have been anything. engineering, garden/chainsaw or woodworking machine, but until we get the actual lowdown, Im going to say moulder.

Love that bloody mash on the middle finger, reminds me so much of my own little accident :LOL:
Did mine in the sprocket and chain of my motorbike 😁😁😁😁
Scary really how a moment of carelessness can have life changing results

4lb lump hammer and the skin between thumb and index finger, holding a 3" ring knocking spanner.
Full force swing followed be a gentle eek!!!

but until we get the actual lowdown, Im going to say moulder.
Do I get a prize?
Not unless it's a 2nd prize. But if there is a prize and it happens to be a bag of Haribo, then I'm prepared to eat some in your honour.

I speculated it might be from something like panel raising cutter. You know, pressing down with three fingers in a triangle shape. Passing a cutter with no guard.

A bit like my old boss Mr Samson. And he had 2 panel raising run ins on our minimax. First one shaved down the side of his thumb, the 2nd vapourized the top joint of the index,middle and ring fingers.
You would think after accident 1 you would be a bit more complacent when it comes to using a panel raiser on a 415v moulder without shaw guards in place, but hey ho.

Lesson learned, with a reinforcing update :LOL:

I speculated it might be from something like panel raising cutter. You know, pressing down with three fingers in a triangle shape. Passing a cutter with no guard.

Left-hand injuries are relatively rare in comparison to right-hand injuries, by far the most common way the left hand gets injured particularly with a moulder is during dropping on for stopped work or shaped ring work where a kickback and poorly placed fingers result in the hand being drawn into the cutters. The other most common way the left hand gets injured is radial arm saws, but this injury isn't like that.

Cleaning up after such an accident isn't the most pleasant job, you're often left with pink smears on the machine and blood everywhere else where the individual has started pacing around in shock whilst clenching onto what's left of their hand.

Latest posts

Back