Anyone have a bad day at the office.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lefley

Established Member
Reaction score
I was doing something I should not have been doing. 4:30 in the after noon, end drilling a timber beam on scaffold with a brand new wave tooth forstner bit , one handed mind you with a battery drill. I thought 10 seconds before if this catches it’s not going to end well. Then it caught!

718ACA0B-C0C8-4CBD-8F65-384D0BBC6C30.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Two bad days this month, this was yesterday
BF621929-1191-4A57-B0FE-3C7DF4945514.png

A fairly minor disagreement with a replaceable cutter from a rebate block the earlier bad day I best not post a photo of if they censor yours. Ionically I can’t remember having an accident for years the causality doctor informed me my last tetanus was 1993 so I’m guessing it was back then, I’m just hoping my mother was wrong & these things don’t come in three’s lol

Fortunately I heal quickly hopefully you do to.

Last edited:
Two bad days this month, this was yesterday
View attachment 142664
A fairly minor disagreement with a replaceable cutter from a rebate block the earlier bad day I best not post a photo of if they censor yours. Ionically I can’t remember having an accident for years the causality doctor informed me my last tetanus was 1993 so I’m guessing it was back then, I’m just hoping my mother was wrong & these things don’t come in three’s lol

Fortunately I heal quickly hopefully you do to.
Nice one!

I was doing something I should not have been doing. 4:30 in the after noon, end drilling a timber beam on scaffold with a brand new wave tooth forstner bit , one handed mind you with a battery drill. I thought 10 seconds before if this catches it’s not going to end well. Then it caught!

That’s a really nasty looking injury you’ve got , I guess you didn’t have gloves on but one handed drilling with large cutters isn’t a good idea but it’s a bit late for that advice. Take care and I hope you recover quickly.

That’s a really nasty looking injury you’ve got , I guess you didn’t have gloves on but one handed drilling with large cutters isn’t a good idea but it’s a bit late for that advice. Take care and I hope you recover quickly.
I did have a glove on. It was a fisch wave cutter bit . Brand new. Like a razor blade . Unfortunately. I was drilling the end grain in a fir beam.

Attachments

• 881B0A58-58C2-4699-8A24-BF89E358C891.jpeg
    881B0A58-58C2-4699-8A24-BF89E358C891.jpeg
    244 KB · Views: 0
  • A6943FD1-0322-432A-8AD9-5648154C5A5A.jpeg
    A6943FD1-0322-432A-8AD9-5648154C5A5A.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
I did have a glove on. It was a fisch wave cutter bit . Brand new. Like a razor blade . Unfortunately. I was drilling the end grain in a fir beam.
We all do unsafe things at some point in our lives, looking at your cutter I can see why gloves didn’t prevent your injury but may of limited the damage. I’ve had plenty of accidents myself over the years so I’m certainly not pointing fingers . Take care 😊😊

We all do unsafe things at some point in our lives,
There is a lot of hazards we face on a regular basis but we can reduce the risk of them coming to fruition in many instances by our own actions and awareness, the ones that are more dangerous are the ones we have no control over, the wrong place / wrong time type like someone dropping something from above because they could not be bothered to use a lanyard, on a plane that drops out of the sky or the silly person who is drunk behind the wheel or using their phone.

I did have a glove on. It was a fisch wave cutter bit . Brand new. Like a razor blade .
That is a good advert for the Fisch cutters, it shows they have a decent cutting edge! I do need some decent hole cutters and have looked at many and only have a few Aspen, looks like I will give these Fisch a go.

We all do unsafe things at some point in our lives, looking at your cutter I can see why gloves didn’t prevent your injury but may of limited the damage. I’ve had plenty of accidents myself over the years so I’m certainly not pointing fingers . Take care 😊😊
I think I would have been visiting a plastic surgeon to repair nerve and tendon damage if I didn’t have a glove on. I just goes to show the stupid things and situations we put ourselves in when we are tired after a long day and not thinking perfectly clear! I would have never did that in the morning. The 35c temperature all day fries the brain after 10 hours working.

Latest posts

Back