De Walt Charger

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dickm

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
My deWalt 9135 charger seems to be terminally ill. It's the one that takes the old style batteries (the ones that plug up into the drill handle) AND can take the backward compatible Li-ion batteries. The light on the right of the charger is doing two flashes/pause/two flashes; looking on the web, noone seems entirely clear what this means (even the "official" deWalt stuff is confused!).
Borrowed S-i-L's similar charger, and the batteries charge fine, so it's definitely the charger that's wrong. Anyone know anything about this problem, and more important, how to fix it if it is fixable? In the end, the bullet will have to be bitten and £30 spent on a new one, but just asking!

Chargers have a life, as do batteries. It isn't mentioned in the glossy catalogues - but it's a fact of life. Battery stuff has a lower life expectancy than mains tools. A bad thing for the environment, therefore. More convenience for humans, more trouble for the human race.

Bite your bullet.

Thanks for the thoughts. IF proper recycling was in place, not sure that battery kit is that much worse for the environment, and if you allow for the fact that it enables repairs to be done where there is no access to mains, it COULD even be positive.
But have now gambled on a charger plus a couple of used batteries for an excellent price off that well-known auction site, so that might see me out!

Back