Help choosing circular saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you, everyone, certainly a lot to go on there. I have asked him what he wants. He uses my Milwaulkee Combi drill and impact driver. Makita SDS and Makita smaller drill. My Makita sanders and other bits I have but understandably wants and needs his own. Oh, he also has an Evolution Sliding Comp Mitre Saw so he isn't doing too badly.
While at college he is working at weekends and evenings at a local holiday centre but they have just laid him off due to Covid. Anyway, he had to apply for his old job back (as have all the staff) with a 0-hour contract, so he's done that as it was the only thing on offer. Anyway, a maintenance job has come up at 24 hours so he is asking if he can do that through the college as an apprenticeship. Fingers crossed he may get that and will learn other things on the job. I don't mind spending the extra for the right machine.
I will have a look at the suggestions, thanks a lot for all the help and advice. I really do appreciate you all taking the time to reply. Much obliged

Good luck to your son. It's a horrible time at the moment but it sounds like he is taking the initiative and trying to find a way through. Hope all works out for him. (y)

what is the HK55? I have never seen a side by side comparison with the ts55.
I think the HK is more rough timber orientated although you can get fine cuts - the HK can use TS blades. It's the combination of the HK and FSK rail that makes the HK more useful in certain situations, the HK is effectively latched onto the FSK rail maing it more convenient for 'one handed' cuts, again mind, the HK can use FS rails as well. In reality I think most people would end up getting a TS even if they had a HK. Plenty of opinions and comparisons on the FOG that can relay this far better than me.

In short the HK is more site work orientated, it has built in fence to quickly acquire a reference (think FS rail and TSO square capacity in one rail).

Latest posts

Back