Mitre saw stands.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Norfolk75

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm going to in the process of looking for stand for my Mitre Saw soon and with my Makita Saw I was hoping in getting a Makita stand but on closer inspection on available stands there seem to be many stands available with many being half the price of the Makita stand.

How different in terms of the stand as a working station is a £49 evolution stand from screwfix to the Makita one, am I just paying for the name on the Makita one?

Other question is will the Makita saw fit any stand? Thanks.

i'm sorry i have no experience of the evo stand but i have been and seen many sites with the dewalt stand being used with different brands of mitre saw s

I have and love the shorter dewalt. Nice and sturdy and can't fault it in my admittedly hobbyist usage. Picked up an extra set of the mounting brackets to go on a lunchbox planer. They [the brackets] weren't cheap at somewhere around £55ish if I mind right.

There's no wheels on it like some others... so you're out of contention for any mitre saw racing that comes along ;)

The evolution stand is a sturdy piece of kit, well made and cheap too. It's a bit lower than the other ones I've seen and only has a single extending arm at each end holding the rollers rather than the double arms on some.
The Dewalt one is great but a fair bit more expensive. Decent height and good material support.
I'd also consider the older Axminster ones if you can find one, about mid way in price.
I've had a few different ones over the years but still end up using a couple of scaffold planks on stools, more room to put squares, saws, cups of tea etc.

I felt the Evolution to be on par with the Titan stand, both of which are ok if you do DIY stuff but no good unless you use roller stands either side if you cut any long lengths. They flex lots and can't take larger saws without modification to the mounts. The latest Titan has an adjustable foot for uneven ground (reviews say it doesn't but it has been updated). I'll be getting a Dewalt one when my Titan fails, I use mine more and more for light construction work and it's taking its toll on it.

I bought a Makita one some years back as i have a Makita chopsaw and i wish i'd bought the Dewalt. It's very heavy and awkward to lug around and the threaded parts, handwheels etc, didn't last long. I hardly ever use it now.

However, the new ones look very different to mine and may well be a lot better than they were.

I have Bosch gravity rise thingy and it is excellent. I also have the Evolution Rage thing and that, too is excellent. They are not the same, of course, but for the price, the Evo is really very good, much better than the Axi White jobbie that came "free" with my previous SCMS, twenty years ago.

I have the shorter dewalt and it's a well designed bit of kit (using it with a dewalt saw but i think you can use it with others)

My JCB stand does the job,good quality, came from B&Q, special offer, don't think they stock them anymore though.

I've got the Evolution Stand, as mentioned it is sturdy and keeps the saw off the ground. The extending rollers are more of an afterthought. They are okay for batten up to a point, however the rollers are not parallel to the top surface and flex and slip down on 4"x2" and above.

Pretty good for the price but not the best.

Back