Lots of hot air

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry, are you saying humans aren't animals?
Humans are most definately animals, and come under the sub species of mammals. It is a diverse group like all the others and we are only different in that our intelligence and ability to think is above the rest. Within the "human genre" all that makes one different from another is DNA on the physical/visual aspect and programming on our personalities and attitude. A prime example of this is how nature designed the female, not from a clean sheet of paper but a modified male, yes don't re-invent the wheel. So you have this new female, how do you get the male to accept it as being female and not just another male that is different, nature just re-programed the male to ensure reproduction and continuation of the species, really an amazing con rather like painting stripes on your horse and calling it a zebra. Unfortunately nature did not put any restrictions on the breeding aspect so the species took off and we are now straining under the mass of people, perhaps rather than coming into season every month once every say four would have been adequate.

You've missed out the big obvious option which is well known and well documented, which is to share out the wealth of the world a bit more equally.
Yes a very contentious subject, in a decent society where everyone respected life and other people then it should not happen because we should all share an equal quality of life within reason, no one should earn more in a year than others take ten or more to earn. Comes down to a bad aspect of humanity, greed which then fuels so many others all in the race to get wealthier at the expense of others.

The graph on the left doesn't show a 100% increase, you are looking at one years data, as you can see it goes up and down, so the trend line is lower. The graphic also doesn't say they are equal, it say that they are almost the same, the population is ageing considerably so the effect is going to be greater. The point of the graphic is to show that looking at graph 1 does not give you the whole picture and you need to dig a little deeper. I thought you might have been able to understand that. I have deleted the school comment, it was unfair, I apologise, but the point still stands, you are seeing what you want to see, not the whole picture hence the rolling eyes.
If you take the endpoints of both graphs, which is what the person who drew this is attempting to compare, they show a percentage increase of around 30% in heat related deaths in the over 65s.
Yes, I agree that the first graph doesn't show the whole picture, but even allowing for the increase in the number of over 65s, 30% still seems like a lot. Especially to us 68 year olds.

...A prime example of this is how nature designed the female, not from a clean sheet of paper but a modified male...
I believe that you have that the wrong way round.

Last week I heard a very believable answer to the question " why do men have nipples?" -- it seems that all Zygotes are female and by the time the Y chromosome takes control the nipples have already been created. :oops:

of course there is always this God Bxxlocks to contend with in the design.....lol...
but the younger males seem to be getting onto their female side....
make up n hair do's....
we need to bring back National Service back....
or is that going to far....
cos I think that will sort out the woke brigade, muggers and drug dealers.....

of course there is always this God Bxxlocks to contend with in the design.....lol...
but the younger males seem to be getting onto their female side....
make up n hair do's....
we need to bring back National Service back....
or is that going to far....
cos I think that will sort out the woke brigade, muggers and drug dealers.....
Takes alot to believe in evolution tbh!

Cheers James

Evolution seems to be a rational explanation, but part of the story escapes me.

A change to a single element is plausible - eg: a leg bone lengthens to allow access to higher fruits, and reproduction favours those who have this variation.

A simple joint (knee, finger etc etc) is very different. To make it work requires a genetic variation to two bones, blood vessels, tendons, muscles, nerve pathways etc. If any one variation is missing the joint will not function. A single change has no purpose.

Therefore evolution is improbable - a number of complementary variations, occuring at the same time, producing something so functionally useful it is reproduced in future generations.

So I am left with the conclusion that evolution, whilst improbable, is actually feasible - perhaps we don't yet know fully how it happens. The alternative (for me) is the product of a fantasy to explain something real by reference to that for which there is no evidence, just faith.

Evolution seems to be a rational explanation, but part of the story escapes me.

A change to a single element is plausible - eg: a leg bone lengthens to allow access to higher fruits, and reproduction favours those who have this variation.

A simple joint (knee, finger etc etc) is very different. To make it work requires a genetic variation to two bones, blood vessels, tendons, muscles, nerve pathways etc. If any one variation is missing the joint will not function. A single change has no purpose.

Therefore evolution is improbable - a number of complementary variations, occuring at the same time, producing something so functionally useful it is reproduced in future generations.

So I am left with the conclusion that evolution, whilst improbable, is actually feasible - perhaps we don't yet know fully how it happens. The alternative (for me) is the product of a fantasy to explain something real by reference to that for which there is no evidence, just faith.

You are overcomplicating matters. any flexibility between two bones is better than no flexibility, over time that evolves into a joint. Once you have a joint, it can then evolve many different ways.
Eyes seem super complex and seem to go against evolution until you realise a tiny part of an eye is better than no eye at all and from there the tree grows. Eyes have evolved in many different ways in many different animals, some animals have evolved eyes, stopped using them and lost them, and then evolved different eyes later on.

God is a concept
By which we measure our pain
I'll say it again
God is a concept
By which we measure our pain
Yeah, pain, yeah

Evolution isn’t really about things changing it is more about advantages being compounded or more accurately weakness being punished.

If you have a long neck you can reach the higher fruit better than others so your choice of foods has increased over your neighbour meaning your chance of survival has increased. Your chances of mating have increased and the likelihood of you mating with a long necked female is more likely as you are both considered top stock. This happens over a number of generations and the short necks either die away or diverge into an alternate short necked species.

Darwin’s “Survival of the fittest”, at least in my opinion, could have easily been called the “punishment of the weakest. “. Evolution has no plan it is just a consequence of the genes of creatures who are no longer competitive not continuing in the gene pool.

Back