Looking for a decent apron

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wear an apron, wouldn't be without one now.

Coley

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I have a Bucket Boss 80300 from amazon.com for about £15. Might not have the right pockets for you but does me and good value.

I got mine from Wilkinsons, cost £5 each, in black.

There's nothing else in a workshop that has the same generational divide as an apron.

Woodworkers over the age of forty all have an apron, at least for glue ups and finishing but often for everyday wear as well. Woodworkers under forty wouldn't be seen dead in an apron and regard glue spattered jumpers as a badge of office.

I presume the young'uns if they went to college and had to wear an apron in class, but don't wear one now when working in a workshop?

MrDavidRoberts":n0g776of said:
Wouldn't an apron limit your mobility somehow?

Absolutely not, there is far more potential of restricted movement with ill fitting shirts and jackets with sleeves, an apron, as it does not have any sleeves gives full and free movement to the arms.

Mike

MrDavidRoberts":or39r10o said:

They are probably the least restrictive and most adjustable work garment you could don, if you go for the neck loop and waist tie type.
You can even fold the bib out of the way.

t8hants":2svq2avt said:
MrDavidRoberts":2svq2avt said:

They are probably the least restrictive and most adjustable work garment you could don, if you go for the neck loop and waist tie type.

I don't like this image. Please tell me it is worn in conjunction with other garments.

Jake":1xuqnday said:
t8hants":1xuqnday said:
MrDavidRoberts":1xuqnday said:

I don't like this image. Please tell me it is worn in conjunction with other garments.

Sorry I can't :D

Mel-Giedroyc.jpg

My daughter made me one out of that breatherable membrane you wrap wooden buildings in. It has a pocket on the bib, just right for a pencil, tobacco and ciggy papers. Doesn't collect shavings like the pockets at the waist do.
Great for keeping glue and paint off your clothes.

Back