Joke Thread II

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Screenshot_20221014-192156.png

Interesting. I didn't make any connection about women and some sort of inability on their part with electronics or any other form of engineering. I'd guess that's mainly because I'm under the impression that putting together circuit boards is dominated by a female workforce; perhaps I've got the wrong impression and that's not the case.

All I saw in the image was someone who's fingers would almost certainly get burnt if the soldering iron was switched on. I also assumed that whoever set up the snap knew nothing about soldering irons and the 'worker' was a model hired only to pose, and also knew nothing about soldering irons. Slainte.
That was also my take on the photo

Me too.
Whoever set up the photo also didn’t realise that the circuit board is almost certainly upside down, i.e. The soldered connections would be on the other side, not the component side.
Looks to me like there are a few surface mount components on that PCB.
Not that it matters, as the soldering iron's obviously not on. Still, with the rising cost of electricity...

Enough about the soldering iron already 😀
I agree! Anyway it's not funny. Shortly after starting my apprenticeship (almost 60 years ago) I was talking to one of the ladies in the galvonometer department. The day she joined the company she had grabbed hold of the soldering iron to see if it was warming up. Third degree burns to her hand, three weeks off sick. Nasty. Her previous experience of 'irons' was smoothing irons where you could get away with a quick 'brush' over the sole.

While on the electronics subject......................................

This is a close up taken from the official photo taken at the end of my RAF electronics apprenticeship many moons ago.

1.JPG

May I draw your attention to the ON/OFF switch located top RHS! (I also have one from our wedding in which my wife is signing the register with a closed fountain pen)

And no scope probes. So even if the scope was turned on HE'd only be looking at a flat trace. 🙂 Must be a member of the flat earth society. 🤣🤣

Good to see the joke thread making a comeback. 😁
Martin.

I agree! Anyway it's not funny. Shortly after starting my apprenticeship (almost 60 years ago) I was talking to one of the ladies in the galvonometer department. The day she joined the company she had grabbed hold of the soldering iron to see if it was warming up. Third degree burns to her hand, three weeks off sick. Nasty. Her previous experience of 'irons' was smoothing irons where you could get away with a quick 'brush' over the sole.
Reminds me of one of my first attempts at oxy aceteline welding. My goggles had steamed up so I put the hand holding the hot welding rod up to move the goggles, severely burning my forehead. Didn't do that again!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back