Joke Thread II

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1663493718699.png

Don't you just hate it when people who can't spell can draw so much better than you? 😥
Why do you despise those who have other gifts than you, and may well struggle through life with a learning difficulty??

I think hate is a very strong word to describe an attitude towards another person skills.

Why would you hate another person's ability to draw?

Why not say - I hate it when a wheel chair user can draw you wouldn't dare, So why mock someone who cannot spell.

I think hate is a very strong word to describe an attitude towards another person skills.

Why would you hate another person's ability to draw?

Why not say - I hate it when a wheel chair user can draw you wouldn't dare, So why mock someone who cannot spell.
Oh dear, clearly I've been teaching English under false pretences all these years....:oops:

Let's take it from the top: the expression "Don't you hate it when..." doesn't necessarily contain any connotation of hating a person or indeed their actions; in fact it's a meaning of "hate" which describes a situation which makes you feel upset/uncomfortable/embarrassed/envious etc. So the attempted "joke" was me describing a situation in which a cartoonist didn't proof read his cartoon, which immediately caught my eye, but which also elicited a degree of envy in me because I'm totally unable to draw more than stick figures. I could go on and explain that any negative meaning in my comment was aimed at me and not the cartoonist, who may well simply have made a slip of the pen - but I don't really think that there's any point feeding the virtue-signalling trolls who coming crawling out of the wood at the slightest opportunity, wouldn't you agree? :rolleyes:

Let's take it from the top: the expression "Don't you hate it when..." doesn't necessarily contain any connotation of hating a person or indeed their actions; in fact it's a meaning of "hate" which describes a situation which makes you feel upset/uncomfortable/embarrassed/envious etc. wouldn't you agree? :rolleyes:
I suggest that you have never felt the emotion 'Hate' - had you done so you would never concider the word in that light.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back