Joke Thread II

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Living on the east coast of Wales, I found out the 'hard way'. A neighbour who shops for me at the local Aldi bought me whisky & pils, when I saw the prices they were £5 more on the whisky & £1 more on pils. By this time the receipt had been binned & Aldi just quoted prices were different in Wale & Scotland, but I'm in England? The following week prices were back to 'normal', & all I got on again contacting Aldi was, "retun the items to store, with receipt, for a fefund", of course by now it had been opened! Several weeks later my neighbour again shopped a bot. of whiskey for me & again it was £5 more, but this time he had gone shopping 'down the road' iin Wales. This was when it became clear to me! Looked like some geography dimwit thought my local Aldi were t'other side of border in Wales & programmed wrong prices.
Just to rub it in: 2 litre bottles of decent beer are around £1 here, Czech pils around £1/litre, gin/brandy/blended whiskey c£4 - and my FiL's excellent 25-year old grape moonshine cost me nothing for 700 litres :D

A bottle of red wine is £5 minimum, a pint of beer £1.25

Minimum alcohol price is crazy, it's not going to stop the Welsh drinking themselves to death, it's just going to make them poor while they do it !

Minimum alcohol price is crazy, it's not going to stop the Welsh drinking themselves to death, it's just going to make them poor while they do it !
More dosh for Plaid Cymru! (s'cuse spelling of 'Plaid')

If a pint of beer is £1.25 in Wales I might consider moving there

093d5b50-9e71-433b-b5e1-f861d33794bd.jpg

Teacher: “If I gave you 2 cats and another 2 cats and another 2, how many would you have?”

Johnny: “Seven.”

Teacher: “No, listen carefully… If I gave you two cats, and another two cats and another two, how many would you have?”

Teacher: “Let me put it to you differently. If I gave you two apples, and another two apples and another two, how many would you have?”

Johnny: “Six.”

Teacher: “Good. Now if I gave you two cats, and another two cats and another two, how many would you have?”

Johnny: “Seven!”

Teacher: “Johnny, where in the heck do you get seven from?!”

Johnny: “ I’ve already got a cat!”

Teacher: “If I gave you 2 cats and another 2 cats and another 2, how many would you have?”

Teacher: “No, listen carefully… If I gave you two cats, and another two cats and another two, how many would you have?”

Teacher: “Let me put it to you differently. If I gave you two apples, and another two apples and another two, how many would you have?”

Johnny: “Six.”

Teacher: “Good. Now if I gave you two cats, and another two cats and another two, how many would you have?”

Johnny: “Seven!”

Teacher: “Johnny, where in the heck do you get seven from?!”

Johnny: “ I’ve already got a cat!”
Obvious from first answer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back