Joke Thread II

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thermodynamics to be precise!!🤣🤣🤣
That reminds me of an incident I experienced as a young engineer. I was invited to comment on a paper which had been doing the rounds for some time. I think I picked it up at about Issue8. I went to the next meeting to discuss the document. The chairman was also the author. After everyone had had their say, most of which went over my head, the chairman turned to me and asked if I had anything to add. Yes, I replied, 'what's the M.O. Dynamics of this system?' It was a term I hadn't come across before. 'Ah' said the author 'I've been waiting for 6 months for somebody to ask that. It's a typo. The typist had never come across 'thermodynamics' before. That was her interpretation of my scrawl'. After the meeting several of the others admitted they had been too embarrassed to ask the question.
Brian

Last edited:
That reminds me of an incident I experienced as a young engineer. I was invited to comment on a paper which had been doing the rounds for some time. I think I picked it up at about Issue8. I went to the next meeting to discuss the document. The chairman was also the author. After everyone had had their say, most of which went over my head, the chairman turned to me and asked if I had anything to add. Yes, I replied, 'what's the M.O. Dynamics of this system?' It was a term I hadn't come across before. 'Ah' said the author 'I've been waiting for 6 months for somebody to ask that. It's a typo. The typist had never come across 'thermodynamics' before. That was her interpretation of my scrawl'. After the meeting several of the others admitted they had been to embarrassed to ask the question.
Brian
Reminded me of the story of the secretary writing "if so, fatso" for "ipso facto".

funny-car-ad_04_img_61cad905c4892.jpg

Reminded me of the story of the secretary writing "if so, fatso" for "ipso facto".
In the mid 1970s I set up a standard letter ending for a UK local authority.
"If we can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us".
Months and many-many letters later I discovered it had been sent out as.
"If we can be of any further assistance please do not contact us".
I often wondered if deliberate or a typo ????

In the mid 1970s I set up a standard letter ending for a UK local authority.
"If we can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us".
Months and many-many letters later I discovered it had been sent out as.
"If we can be of any further assistance please do not contact us".
I often wondered if deliberate or a typo ????

Many years ago, I'd attended a job interview where things seemed to have gone OK, so I awaited the company's decision with excitement.
A few days afterwards, I got the letter I was waiting for.... Success!
However, after the initial one-liner confirming that I'd got the job, it continued that "if you don't receive this letter, please report to the office at 9 o'clock on (whatever day it was)"

Talking of work-related laughs, I've been thinking of the few hilarious moments in my short but happy working life.
Y'know, when someone says or does something that, for some reason, makes you choke on your coffee at that very moment... In many cases "you had to be there" applies when you try to retell it to an outsider later, but there are a few that still make me grin, just thinking about them.
One such instance took place in our heavily computerised office - unusual at the time - but the area was prone to momentary power cuts. I can see the bloke involved now...
Tapping away on the keyboard, his screen suddenly went blank.
"Oh ****!" he exclaimed, "Don't go down on me now....!"
A slight pause before he added, "Well, I never thought I'd hear myself say that!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back