Escape excuses

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm now single unfortunately. One thing that I did do right way back when was to extend the cord free phone system such that she could call me in from the workshop - and I was always able to say tools running, half way through gluing and so on. OK it was good for the regulation cup of tea, but quite often If I delayed by 5 or 10 minutes - glue setting, etc - she had forgotten what it was or had solved it herself, so the summons became less frequent.

This year I suffered a slipped disc in late October, and once over the 'can't do anything' pangs of it, I got a neighbour to bring my scroll saw into the living kitchen. Comforted myself with the thought that sawdut isn't actually dirty, but it was great idea and yielded a number of Xmas presents in a warm and pleasant environment, and at the end accumatlvely two trays worth of tools back to the workshop.
I can't somehow see me getting that bonus 4 yrs ago !!
Rob

Mental wellbeing. You need a creative outlet when the rest of life is often intent on driving you down. I don't think you can be blamed for that especially this year.

It also helps if you can make the house look like it's kitted out from the expensive end of John Lewis at Matalan prices while you're at it.

Back