Escape excuses

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuckinthemud

Established Member
Reaction score
So, I am lucky enough to be in work full time. Every time I sneak off to my workshop I get summoned back after a minute or three. I've been married for long enough that I've worked my way through my list of excuses for being in the workshop instead of in the house several times. Need some new reasons to be in the workshop, any suggestions?

It does take me a long time to put something in the garage freezer, ditto feeding the outdoor pets, putting the rubbish out etc!!!

Cheers James

I know its probably just a mad suggestion but have you tried actually talking to your Mrs? 😬
My Mrs goes out running and stuff most evenings, horse riding lesson once a week. All that time I'm looking after the kids. No worries. Sometimes it grinds.
I have my shed time. She leaves me alone. I'm sure it grinds sometimes.
She does her bit I do mine.
If she told me I couldn't there would be problems.
If I told her she couldn't there would be problems.
It's a balance isn't it? You have to find a point where you can both get on with your sh*t and still have a bit of time together. If not why bother?

Every time she does it, just suggest going to bed for some 'fun'.....You'll be back in the workshop before you know it!!!
:LOL::LOL::LOL:
Two fellas are out for a rare night out in the pub. As the night draws on and the last bell is in danfer of ringing one starts getting a little morose. Whats up with you ask the other. Welll ya know me Pete. I'm hardly ever out. I do everything for the family and the Mrs and kids. I'm always working and taking them out and that. I come out about once a month.
Rigggght.... says Pete. Hardly ever see ya these days. So whats the problem?
Well. It's the Mrs, Pete. Even that one time a month I get in after a drink and I'm really quiet. I never go home water*d to the eyeballs. I carefully put the key in the lock, sneak the door open, get undressed in the dark and creep up the stairs so I wake no one and every time lying there in a rage waiting for me! She's straight on my back. Where have you been? What time do you call this? Why are you so late!? You're useless!

It's driving me mad Pete. He holds his head in his hands in despair

Pete looks at him for a while.
I have to say. I think you're going about it all wrong he says.

How's that Pete?

Well, says Pete. When I go home I make sure I'm singing DannyBoy halfway down the road. When I get to the door I spend a full minute just banging the keys against the door. Then I kick it open and stumble in. I turn all the lights on. Then the telly. Then I go in the kitchen and make a sandwhich. When I'm ready I roll up the stairs kick the bedroom door open rip the duvet off the bed and say 'How about a bit love?'

Fast asleep Every Single Fu***ng Time.

My other half just likes having me around but its astonishing how long it takes me to find the tools and fastenings I need to hang a shelf or put up a picture.

Every time she does it, just suggest going to bed for some 'fun'.....You'll be back in the workshop before you know it!!!
:LOL::LOL::LOL:

I thought you were going to say...You tried that, but she always says yes! :oops: :oops: :oops:

So, what's the problem :love::love::love:

Excuses? That reminds me of when I was stationed at Brize Norton. I worked shift and was always a couple of minutes late to work, BUT I was also one of the last to leave. One night I was a bit later than normal so I stuck my head round the shift trade leaders door and called out "Sorry I'm late Chief, I couldn't get my bike started". "OK John" came the reply and as I shut the dorr he shouted "OY! You have got a push bike!" But it was too late the shift office was falling about and I was away :cool::cool:

I’m fortunate that my wife loves watching tv, well someone has to, I learnt years ago if I were to sit down & put the tv on she will immediately say haven’t you got something to do in the workshop, her dislike of Red Dwarf (the only program I like) also helps.

My defense strategy has been to explain I'm working with sharp tools so unexpected interruptions could prove dangerous. I'll lay it on thick about waiting until any powered tools go quiet before saying anything and not to bang on the door as I may fill my pants and remove a finger. This is to my young children as the Better Half likes nothing better to knit and watch any old rubbish on the TV.

Perhaps bring some smaller jobs into the house and do them there. You'll soon be told, quite literally, where to go :D

Latest posts

Back