Solution for rats in my garage

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I had a bit of a surprise the other day. I was in the garage, just getting my tools, when I spotted a mouse darting behind a stack of boxes. I thought, "Okay, it's just one mouse, no biggie." But then I started moving things around, and yep, I found little droppings and some chewed-up insulation. Not what you want to see in your garage, right?

I considered traps, but honestly, I didn't want to deal with setting them up and checking them all the time. Plus, I've got a couple of cats that like to explore the garage, and traps could be risky for them. After some quick googling, I found this mouse repellent spray. It uses natural stuff like peppermint oil, which is supposed to keep mice away without hurting pets or the environment. I figured it was worth a shot, so I ordered a bottle.

I sprayed it around the baseboards, the garage door, and any other spots where mice might sneak in. The peppermint smell was pretty strong at first, but it wasn't too bad. It faded after a while, and I didn't really mind it.

The good news? It actually worked. Within a day or two, I didn't see any more mice or find any new droppings. It's been about a week now, and the garage has been completely quiet. My cats are back to lounging around without a care, so I guess they don't mind the peppermint.

If you're dealing with mice in your garage or house, I definitely recommend giving this spray a try. It’s way easier than setting traps, and you don’t have to worry about your pets getting into something dangerous. Has anyone else tried it or found another way to keep mice out of the garage? I'd love to hear your suggestions.
It is good that you have found an product that helped you solve the problem.

Very much in line with the OP's euphemistic first post to this thread - in Welsh one of the words for a rat is "llygoden fawr" which translates as " big mouse " :giggle:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back