Drawers and draws.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plymouth pirate

Established Member
Reaction score
What's the difference?.

Is a draw a shallower version of a drawer or something, an Americanism, or just a cool way of saying drawer.

Regards

John

main difference depends on the context in which it is used
Drawer.= noun, describes an object
Draw.= verb...I draw, he draws, they draw. (making lines on paper etc)

John. B

Yeah I remember Miss Spelling wasnt she in Beverly Hills 90210, Aaron's daughter :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry but its Saturday afternoon and I was bored :wink:

Well, I'm glad that's sorted. :p

Although I'm not sure about the connection between Miss Spelling and drawers, oh :oops: .

John

I don't think it's just a misspelling, I've definately heard drawers called draws before and I think it was either Norm or Rob Cosman

Calpol":2zg9trxr said:
I don't think it's just a misspelling, I've definately heard drawers called draws before and I think it was either Norm or Rob Cosman

... and you trust the spelling of an American :shock: They can't even spell colour properly ;)

Calpol":tkcryfre said:
But it wasn't a spelling mistake, they definately said draws

If they were referring to a thing that pulls in and out of a cabinet or unit that stores things, then it was a mis-spelling.

Do you have a Scots accent? In more standard English English there is very little difference in the sound between 'draw' and 'drawer', but some Scots make it a two-syllable word.

I have a scots accent, yes, but I'm half English, I follow the lingo :D... He definately said draws though

It's like the muppet show :? :? :? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

John. B

I think it's one of those spelling errors that made it into a book or magazine, and is now taken by a lot of people to be correct, so you may well have heard people actually saying draw instead of drawer!

Back