Stolen tools news article

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brilliant (y) (y)
Nice to have some good news for a change.
Got the lowlife toerags... (y)(y)

The way economy is going, tool theft is about to become more common sight, never mind shoplifting, theft from the cars, back yards and rife car theft to become worse.

Whilst trackers do help, it is inevitable, some areas will become more and progressively worse, protection, prevention should become equally as bigger part of a business, but it doesn't mean, that the problems will go away.

Plods (fuzz, coppers etc)? what is that? whilst they happen to do their job occasionally, it's half off a joke, when my clients barn was ransacked (very little stolen), more like vengeance for no valuable, easy to sell items stolen, they've received x2 20 old girls (plod) to come and have a look at the place x5 days AFTER the reported vandalism- theft, that was exactly one week after the theft, as they were away to see their relatives.
Neighbours turn out have called plod on the same day, as they saw old transit van driving around their property at 6 o'clock, just outside of CCTV coverage on the main house...
Could've been "insider job", but most importantly, one camera that was towards the driveway, that could've seen at least registration number wasn't even checked or taken in.
Grim TBH.

Whilst it is easy to criticise the Police, sometimes they bring it upon themselves.

The recording of "Non-Crime Hate Incidents" - what's that about? If it is not a crime then the Police should not be involved.

On several occasions I have suggested a specific security-related section on this site. The admins ignored me - which is why I ignore the begging requests for a "server upgrade"

Police take their orders from central government/home secretary who understandably prioritise issues like terrorism, hate crime, mass events (protest marches, football etc), media sensitive etc.

The general public want day to day relatively minor crime dealt with swiftly and effectively - burglary, street violence. car theft, vandalism etc. They rarely directly experience terrorism etc.

Unsurprisingly, given limited resources, the former takes priority - "he who pays the piper calls the tune". The consequences of (eg) mass protests out of control threatens social stability that shoplifting will never do.

Solution - take a leaf from the Spanish police - very broadly fund and organise policing into separate groups :
  • Civil Guard has military status and deals with (national interests
  • National Police - civil status and deals with criminal and public order
  • Local police - your local bobby dealing with minor crime and local issues
The real benefit is that trivial local issues get dealt with rather than sinking down the priority list. It would also be a responsibility to which a Police and Crime Commissioners could add value - elected locally to deal with local issues.

SmartWater is easy to use, it's just a paint on liquid. The beauty is it only takes molecules to be traced, and it's easy to put it in places that cannot be cleaned or rubbed off. The are of course signs for your doors and windows to alert potential scrotes. Does it work? As Henry Ford said about advertising - we all know 50% of the money spent on it is wasted but no one knows which 50%. As my b.i.l. said years ago - I put in an alarm sysystem, it's a garbage system but there are only six houses here and mine is the only one with an alarm - whose house are the going to choose?

I’ve replied to similar posts to this in the last couple of years . In short make it as difficult as possible for them to get stolen, alarms security chains or cables run through multiple boxes , cause them to make a lot of noise and flood the area with as much light as
You can. Smart water u v pens etc can help you identify your property should the worse happen. Another thing some trades do is advertise their tools by setting up on the customer’s drive and while this is necessary on some jobs why do they leave them on show all day as they disappear into the house to go about their work , unfortunately these low life’s often have spotters that will alert them if there’s anything interesting or worth robbing, turn your back for a minute and your power tools have gone .. just a cheap alarm of Amazon eBay etc can be activated by a battery operated key fob and the second your tools / tool is disturbed the alarm is activated and the lowlife will most likely panic and run for the hills ..

SmartWater is easy to use, it's just a paint on liquid. The beauty is it only takes molecules to be traced, and it's easy to put it in places that cannot be cleaned or rubbed off. The are of course signs for your doors and windows to alert potential scrotes. Does it work? As Henry Ford said about advertising - we all know 50% of the money spent on it is wasted but no one knows which 50%. As my b.i.l. said years ago - I put in an alarm sysystem, it's a garbage system but there are only six houses here and mine is the only one with an alarm - whose house are the going to choose?
Yours, because you must have something worth protecting! (LOL).

This raid was on a site very close to us (about 3 miles away). It was long overdue according to folk in Cranbrook.

There are many more photos of what was found there - quite shocking. Below is only part of it. FWIW, we've always found the police around here to be very helpful.

5U6J6IBGC274JIT7NWB6.jpg
RCK1XU9W7YOZGK4MOLNE.jpg

Last edited:
This raid was on a site very close to us (about 3 miles away). It was long overdue according to folk in Cranbrook.

There are many more photos of what was found there - quite shocking. Below is only part of it. FWIW, we've always found the police around here to be very helpful.

View attachment 180875View attachment 180879

And nobody at that site knew who the shed belonged to.

Police take their orders from central government/home secretary who understandably prioritise issues like terrorism, hate crime, mass events (protest marches, football etc), media sensitive etc.

The general public want day to day relatively minor crime dealt with swiftly and effectively - burglary, street violence. car theft, vandalism etc. They rarely directly experience terrorism etc.

Unsurprisingly, given limited resources, the former takes priority - "he who pays the piper calls the tune". The consequences of (eg) mass protests out of control threatens social stability that shoplifting will never do.

Solution - take a leaf from the Spanish police - very broadly fund and organise policing into separate groups :
  • Civil Guard has military status and deals with (national interests
  • National Police - civil status and deals with criminal and public order
  • Local police - your local bobby dealing with minor crime and local issues
The real benefit is that trivial local issues get dealt with rather than sinking down the priority list. It would also be a responsibility to which a Police and Crime Commissioners could add value - elected locally to deal with local issues.
They can't come out to your call for help, but if sky need them to arrest a dodgy streamer , they are there like shot !!!

View attachment 180875View attachment 180879
Odd that most of the tools are without batteries.

Latest posts

Back