Drawers and draws.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is all so simple.

When spoken, there is no difference in sound between the words 'draw' and 'drawer'. They are pronounced in exactly the same way.

When written however, the two words have very different meanings. If some people write 'draw' when they mean 'drawer' it is not because they are cool; it is because they are thick.

Cheers
Brad

BradNaylor":k1hdr97f said:
If some people write 'draw' when they mean 'drawer' it is not because they are cool; it is because they are thick.

Cheers
Brad

Really, in that case I know a lot of thickies who know how to run a business better than you or I.

pronunciation is an odd thing in English. The classic example is fish spelt ghoti. gh as in enough, o as in women, and ti as in nation... In my experience draw and drawer are homophones, like bough and bow, or sex and sacks if you are from Morningside!!

Oh well.

One of those questions without any real answer.

I'm heading out of Aberdeen now for the middle of the North Sea with no more internet for four weeks, so, by for now, I'll miss the forum.

Regards John

John

Hope you have a good, and safe, shift. And this thread could easily be going on when you get back :lol: Particularly if someone discovers a good/lousy piece of design with some draws/drawers in it...

Toby

plymouth pirate":m167h91v said:

Well I know what I think but it would seem there are a lot of different views on the subject. :?

John

Ha Ha your teasing aren't you :lol: If not hope it all goes well up their!!

plymouth pirate":1rpncozd said:
by for now, I'll miss the forum.

as we're on the subject i think you meant "'bye for now" as in the abreviation of goodbye - not "by "which means to pass or to author ;)

If anyone wants to buy a drawing kit from me for £200, drop me a line. I just hope you're not expecting a Leigh dovetail jig and router to make sliding compartments for your furniture. It's a propelling pencil and an eraser, but hey... what's the difference?

:p :D

Tom K":31jlez7d said:
plymouth pirate":31jlez7d said:

Well I know what I think but it would seem there are a lot of different views on the subject. :?

John

Ha Ha your teasing aren't you :lol: If not hope it all goes well up their!!

Who me? :shock:

No, seriously though, that's it for four weeks, although seems more like four months mostly.

Regards to all. John

big soft moose":228z1faz said:
plymouth pirate":228z1faz said:
by for now, I'll miss the forum.

as we're on the subject i think you meant "'bye for now" as in the abreviation of goodbye - not "by "which means to pass or to author ;)

pipper, pipper, pipper. :twisted:

Draw is something you do.
Drawer is something you can use to put the thing you draw in.

Does it matter anyway. The forum is riddled with 'typos' and mis-spellings so what difference does one more make?

While visiting the Southern States I suggest not making fun of their language ,It really causes you pain :lol: :lol: :lol:Really a laid back bunch of people.

Latest posts

Back