Bobby's new build thread

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Big balls up on Friday, tilers worked late till about 9pm, went up when they had left and the tiles were 2 different colours.
So they had to all come up the next day, luckily they came off all right without damaging the underfloor heating.
Tile suppliers have agreed the tiles are 2 colours, hopefully we can do a straight swap for an alternative, even though the originals are destroyed.

Spend all day Saturday cleaning off adhesive on the floor

20160709_085955_resized_zpsi063bza5.jpg

20160709_090006_resized_zps0pejedqb.jpg

I'll be out of pocket whatever but I just want to get it sorted and move on

Main bathroom

Bath panel is in position, dark patina oak, as is all the bathrooms furniture

IMG_2035_zps442dpspo.jpg

IMG_2036_zpsofh52r1f.jpg

Master ensuite

with floor ripped up

IMG_2043_zpscfiziryq.jpg

IMG_2042_zpse5ua8mjz.jpg

Son's ensuite

IMG_2040_zpscwwyfnwm.jpg

Guest ensuite

IMG_2038_zpsn9lo4bue.jpg

kitchen delivered

IMG_2140_zpskru6zs8l.jpg

Main bathroom (services 2 single bedrooms)

IMG_2139_zpspfzkmv6w.jpg

Master ensuite

IMG_2138_zpsuvvigrv5.jpg

IMG_2137_zps47pter8g.jpg

IMG_2136_zps8mfswhss.jpg

Ensuite 3

IMG_2135_zpsuofth6zn.jpg

ensuite 2

IMG_2134_zpsobkwkej6.jpg

Kitchen slidding doors (double set)

IMG_2133_zps5p53kvli.jpg

Single door

IMG_2132_zpssjwomlkq.jpg

Wood burner fitted

IMG_2130_zpsxngclkpk.jpg

Coming along very nicely, do you have a move in date?

Pete

Hi Bob, good luck with the move, i did my own project management on our house, but i had some experience before with work. you will need to be very organised and have all your contractors and supplyers in place to keep everything flowing. don`t try and do all the work yourself, it won`t happen, keep to what you think you can do comfortably and farm the rest out.Make no mistake it`s hard work but very rewarding, i look forward to following your progress. good. Karl

sorry about the above post, methinks my mince pies are going, i didn`t see there were other pages. but read through all of them now, it looks great, bet you can not wait to get in. good luck. Karl.

Racers":3jh5e9e9 said:
do you have a move in date?

Pete

Still a bit to do, bifold doors should be fitted in about 10 days time. Ground source heat pump needs to be done scheduled for start in a weeks time.
So my guess is about mid september.

Few images of the fit.

Frame has an internal chamfer (about 5mm), shaker door with a chamfer on the top and bottom rail (helps with keeping dust off)
I've put a sprayed colour on it, purbeck stone and moles breath for the island but it will be hand painted at the end.
Island is 2.8m x 1.2m. with a slimline induction hob and downdraft extractor in the central drawer pack.
One side of this are 2 walnut trays and the other side is a pullout bottle rack to match the trays.

The kneehole needs to have quadrant posts on the inside to balance it (be sorted on Monday)

Between the window and the oven housings will be a worktop mounted bifold unit.

There is still a big bank of walnut furniture to go in (4m run with a large built in steel fridge)

It's a simple kitchen, very practical.

IMG_2148_zpso3b75hog.jpg

IMG_2147_zps6d1pjj2p.jpg

IMG_2146_zpsn9ctc62d.jpg

Looking good Bob.

I've spent most of my working career building stuff like this for customers, doubt I'll ever get the chance to do my own :-(

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

It's great to come home and see progress each day. The whole process carries some stress but it is fantastic to be able to put your ideas into place.
I need to get the utility in place by wednesday as they are granite templating then.

Kitchen just about in. Fridge arrives next week it's fully fitted with a stainless steel surround kit.
Few end panels to go on, and a big bifold unit to sit on top of the stone once it's fitted
Granite should be fitted end of next week

Some of the walnut just needs a stain over it to blend it in.

IMG_2170_zps1hjhhetb.jpg

IMG_2168_zpsx4nxyrut.jpg

This is the top box, I had it laser cut as it just looks a bit sharper
IMG_2153_zpseittn8dz.jpg

Back