Bobby's new build thread

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
phil.p":1iejkbm1 said:
How do you get the fat and crud out of the underfloor pipe?

Extractors, downdraft, wall hung, canopy, all have filters on them, you pop them out and put them in the dishwasher.

It's an extractor not a food suction pump.

I'm aware of that, but I've seen numerous extraction systems and I've yet to see a perfect one. Thinking about it - if the filters are perfect, why go to the expense of the underfloor pipework? Why not just return the air to the room? Good luck with it, it's a stunning kitchen - I'm just curious, that's all.

phil.p":hkrh7td8 said:
I'm aware of that, but I've seen numerous extraction systems and I've yet to see a perfect one.

Well Ok, in 45 years time, I'll disconnect the extractor outlet and get a set of pipe cleaner rods and clean the pipework. I have noted it in my diary. The pipe is 210 x 90mm, I'm assuming a max build up of 1mm per year and guessing flow will be restricted enough to be annoying once a 50% blockage is achieved. I will be 96 at this point but if i'm still going it will be done.

However as mentioned before I only suck steam and smells through my extractor, not quite sure how you get fat and food up there.

In afraid your steam will contain fats/oils if you doing any frying - has it got a carbon filter?

Rod

Oh for gods sake, I really don't care................ risk, guys, take a few.

1mm x 45years = 45mm= 50% blockage on a 90mm pipe.

or are you saying I should do it when 1/4 blockage? :D

Anyway lets move on.

Got the fridge in today, fitted it with a surround kit so it's more integrated.

IMG_2248_zps7vkfx0ae.jpg

IMG_2249_zpsaxrnek2i.jpg

IMG_2250_zpslfzjlehj.jpg

Of you have a 45mm build up on the walls of a 90mm pipe, it's 100% obstructed, think about it for a minute...

Setch":lgdkf6an said:
Of you have a 45mm build up on the walls of a 90mm pipe, it's 100% obstructed, think about it for a minute...

Well indeed, however I'm assuming we are on earth and my kitchen is not in space, therefore due to gravity the majority of the build up will be on the bottom.

chippy1970":117ugfm0 said:
doctor Bob":117ugfm0 said:
Downdraft extractor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtQvgclVZiI

I put the pipework in the floor before it got screed, so it extracts outside
I'm fitting one on a kitchen I'm doing, its a Capel one

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

They all work pretty much the same, Caple ones tend to be a bit on the loud side.

I've supplied and fitted plenty of Downdraft hoods in recent years,,,,,,I've never had a single complaint about any of them.
If I was doing my own kitchen, I'd have one in a heartbeat.

That kitchen looks really good Bob! I don't get asked for the more traditional looking kitchens, but that doesn't mean I can't appreciate one when I see it.

Tim.

doctor Bob":2pauaovt said:
chippy1970":2pauaovt said:
doctor Bob":2pauaovt said:
Downdraft extractor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtQvgclVZiI

I put the pipework in the floor before it got screed, so it extracts outside
I'm fitting one on a kitchen I'm doing, its a Capel one

They all work pretty much the same, Caple ones tend to be a bit on the loud side.
Surprised at that as the motor is going outside thought it would be quiet, or do you mean the lift mechanism is noisy ?

First one I've done so I'm no expert.

chippy1970":2usf518l said:
Surprised at that as the motor is going outside thought it would be quiet, or do you mean the lift mechanism is noisy ?

First one I've done so I'm no expert.

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk[/quote]

OK external motors are good and really reduce overall noise.

Looks Really nice Bob,

Nice to see you have given thought and taken time to do the walnut centre panels in consecutive / book matched veneers. Really makes for a clean uniform finish and just gives the kitchen a true handmade finish without people ever noticing. A sign of craftmanship at its simplest.

As for the greasy pipe!!! fitted one of the first types of these (very under powered) around 10yrs ago to support an induction hob/ induction Wok and a teppanyaki!!!! in an island (only on Hutton Mount!!!) LOL "Bob will know this type of customer well"...... The property changed hands around 14 months ago and we got the call to make a new kitchen to the new owners style. When we got to the pipe it was clean as F@!!k.... So imagine with the modern version you will have no issue what so ever.

Nice work Bob and nice build all round.

Best

Wolfey

As long as the pipework is equivalent to 150mm Dia. CSA, they are fine! The mistake that a lot of builders make when doing the 1st fix on something like this, is they assume that 100mm Dia. pipe is ok coz thats what they have always used for extractor ducting.......100mm Dia.pipe is VERY RARELY used in any modern, up to date kitchen.

wolfey":3c6kzovm said:
As for the greasy pipe!!! fitted one of the first types of these (very under powered) around 10yrs ago to support an induction hob/ induction Wok and a teppanyaki!!!! in an island (only on Hutton Mount!!!)

Done 4 or 5 kitchens in Hutton Mount / Shenfield / Brentwood area this year.........

Back